- The Evolution of Black StudiesWatch This Now!
Dr. Maulana Karenga, creator of Kwanzaa, has had a profound impact on the African-American culture as well as the evolution of Black Studies. He is founder of several Black Na…more
- White, Black, or None of the Above?Watch This Now!
What makes you Black or White or Asian or Indian or whatever? Does America have yet another so-called race? Has the multi-racial movement to be Black or White fizzled out? Thi…more
- Thank God: An African-American Docu-Opera — Part 1Watch This Now!
There is no music more beautiful, more compelling, more American than Black Sacred Music. It is the soul of the Black Church and the Black Church is the foundation of the Blac…more
- Justice DelayedWatch This Now!
Harry T. Moore, who was at the vanguard of the civil rights movement in Florida, and his wife Harriet were killed when their home was firebombed in 1951. Harry Moore became th…more
- The Shackled ImmigrantsWatch This Now!
This program from Tony Brown's Journal examines how slavery and racism impacted the social and economic progress of African-Americans as compared to other immigrant groups.
- Jim Brown: Out of BoundsWatch This Now!
In this program from Tony Brown's Journal, football legend Jim Brown discusses his football career and his book Out of Bounds with Tony Brown before a live studio audience. Br…more
- The Longest Struggle: The History of the NAACP - 75 Year March, Part 4Watch This Now!
The march began in 1909, when a small group of Black and White citizens, a notable number of whom were socialists, appalled by the injustices suffered by some Americans solely…more
- When the Sisters Came Marching HomeWatch This Now!
African-American women in the military service did not receive proper recognition for their service. Reflecting that apartheid custom, the 6888th Central Postal Directory Batt…more
- Cultural Patterns of GivingWatch This Now!
Are there different cultural patterns of giving among various ethnic groups in America? According to Dr. Eugene Miller, co-author of Pathways for Change: Philanthropy Among Af…more
- African American or Black, Is there a Difference?Watch This Now!
The ethnic description of Americans of African descent has shifted from colored to Negro to Black and, at the urging of civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, African-American. Th…more
- Developing Students as ArtistsWatch This Now!
In this session, participants explore how arts teachers help students develop knowledge and fundamental skills while weaving in opportunities for creativity and independence. …more
- Oscar and Jackie, Two of the SameWatch This Now!
Patrick McGilligan is the author of Oscar Micheaux: The Great and Only, The Life of America’s First Black Filmmaker. In this program from Tony Brown's Journal, he offers a v…more