- Who Was Medgar Evers?Watch This Now!
In the early 1950s, times were hard for many black Americans in the old South. Rigid segregation was the rule of the day and African Americans found themselves on the peripher…more
- White Man's BurdenWatch This Now!
In this program from Tony Brown's Journal,Harry Belafonte discusses his role in 1995’s most provocative film White Man’s Burden and his commitment to the human rights stru…more
- The Mystery of Black Survival in SportsWatch This Now!
In this program from Tony Brown's Journal, educators Dana Brooks and Ron Althouse, editors of Racism in College Sports, provide a scholarly approach to the issue of racism in …more
- Stevie Wonder Plays His Own Keys of LifeWatch This Now!
This video from Tony Brown's Journal features a one-on-one interview between Stevie Wonder and Tony Brown.
- First Civilizations: Part 2Watch This Now!
Religion examines the power of a shared belief system, which serves as the social glue to unify a population within a single state. Nowhere was this truer than in Ancient Egyp…more
- Colleges Emphasize Student "Stickiness" to Boost Graduations (8/29/14)Watch This Now!
In Tennessee, a disturbingly high dropout rate at public universities prompted the state to change how it funds schools: the more students who graduate, the more a school gets…more
- America’s Black Eagles — Part 4: Red Tails and Black AcesWatch This Now!
With the "Tuskegee Experiment" a proven success and used as a basis to demonstrate that Blacks could perform well in combat and leadership roles, President Harry Truman, in 19…more
- The Societal Response to SNCCWatch This Now!
This panel and audience discussion considers the complex response to SNCC by the general public and specific sections of society.
- The Story of China with Michael Wood: Part 1Watch This Now!
Michael Wood goes back to the beginnings of Chinese history to find clues to today's China. Starting with a family reunion, when 300 relatives gather to worship their ancestor…more
- Ella Baker's Roots: Give People Light and They Will Find a WayWatch This Now!
This panel examines the legacy of Ella Baker, the inspiration behind the original SNNC founding conference.
- Iranian OdysseyWatch This Now!
The West’s attitudes toward Iran can be traced back to 1951 when Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh tried to end British domination of Iran. Mossadegh nationalized Ir…more
- The Birth of the ConstitutionWatch This Now!
In this FPRI Primer, Ron Granieri explores the development of the U.S. Constitution, and how it differs from the original governing document of the U.S.—the Articles of Conf…more