- Motherlove, The Baby's Greatest NeedWatch This Now!
This silent film features Renée Spitz's original footage of his studies on child development in the first year and the importance to babies of the basic needs: food, shelter…more
- Anxiety: Its Phenomenology in the First Year of LifeWatch This Now!
This video features original silent footage from René Spitz's research on child development. It shows how an object that does not cause anxiety in early infancy can cause an…more
- SNCC Children SpeakWatch This Now!
Twenty-seven children of SNCC veterans present their memories of the 1960s movement.
- R. D. Laing's Discussion With Richard Evans: Reactions and ReflectionsWatch This Now!
R. D. Laing offers his reactions and reflections on therapeutic communities; Freud and Jung; his most significant contributions; his critics; and his plans.
- Supportive Adult-Child InteractionsWatch This Now!
Within the security of trusting relationships, infants and toddlers develop curiosity, initiative, a sense of self, and a desire to explore their world. Adults can foster this…more
- Discussion with Dr. Carl Jung: Introversion-Extraversion and Other ContributionsWatch This Now!
In this video discussion, psychologist Carl Jung talks about his contributions to the psychology of personality and considers the introversion-extroversion scale.
- Infant-Toddler Learning EnvironmentWatch This Now!
Infants and toddlers are born explorers and the environments in which they are cared for become their laboratory. This program includes real-life examples on how to create a s…more
- The Black Church and Black StruggleWatch This Now!
This panel examines the historical role of the church, its specific role in the freedom movement of the 1960s, and the lessons of that struggle for today.
- Dr. Carl Rogers: Part 1Watch This Now!
This program features an interview with Dr. Carl R. Rogers. Rogers discusses the educational system, student unrest, issues in psychology, and reactions to his contributions.
- Women Leaders and Organizers: You Can Do ThisWatch This Now!
Women leaders in civil rights organizations. "You went ahead and learned how to do it and did it," says one panelist.
- Small Group Times for Active LearnersWatch This Now!
In sequences from a variety of HighScope settings, this program illustrates sources of ideas for small-group time, materials, and strategies to support the ways children learn…more
- Opening Plenary: Timothy Jenkins and Julian BondWatch This Now!
Timothy Jenkins frames the gathering as a coming together to provide important "missing chapters in history" to a new generation of freedom fighters. Julian Bond provides a vi…more