- Imagining global Amsterdam: history, culture, and geography in a world cityGet This Now!
Imagining Global Amsterdambrings together new essays on the image of Amsterdam as articulated in film, literature, art, and urban discourse, considered within the context of …more
- Sex and drugs before rock 'n' roll: youth culture and masculinity during Holland's Golden AgeGet This Now!
Sex and Drugs Before the Rock 'n' Roll is a fascinating volume that presents an engaging overview of what it was like to be young and male in the Dutch Golden Age. Here, well-…more
- Watch and learn: rhetorical devices in classroom films after 1940Get This Now!
Instructional films of the twentieth century, used to teach, train, inform, or advertise to their viewers, can provide historians and scholars of cinema studies with a wealth …more
- Landscape archaeology between art and science: from a multi- to an interdisciplinary approachGet This Now!
This volume contains thirty-five papers from a 2010 conference on landscape archaeology focusing on the definition of landscape as used by processual archaeologists, earth sci…more
- Playful identities: the ludification of digital media culturesGet This Now!
In Playful Identities, eighteen scholars examine the increasing role of digital media technologies in identity construction through play. Going beyond computer games, this int…more
- The Value of Culture: On the Relationship between Economics and ArtsGet This Now!
Challenging reappraisal of the relationship between cultural values and economics.
- History of concepts: comparative perspectivesGet This Now!
First introduction to an english-speaking audience of a field of research booming in continental Europe.
- Expansion and fragmentation: internationalization, political change and the transformation of the nation stateGet This Now!
An analysis of the significance of the state in the face of progressive internationalization.
- Fassbinder's Germany: history, identity, subjectGet This Now!
Pioneering study exploring a major filmmaker's creative vision of Germany's troubled national identity.
- Rhetoric, rhetoricians, and poets: studies in Renaissance poetry and poeticsGet This Now!
A tribute to Marijke Spies on her retirement as professor of 16th- and 17th-century Dutch literature.
- 'We need two worlds': Chinese immigrant associations in a Western societyGet This Now!
An inside report of the history and the importance of Chinese associations in a Western society.
- Citizenship in the Arab world: kin, religion and nation-stateGet This Now!
Offers a broder legal perspective to the multifaceted reality of nationality and citizenship