- Co-habiting with ghosts: knowledge, experience, belief and the domestic uncannyGet This Now!
This book sets out to explore the questions posed by the reality of living in a 'haunted home' and attends to the ways in which households in England and Wales understand thei…more
- Jonathan SwiftGet This Now!
The Critical Heritage gathers together a large body of critical sources on major figures in literature. Each volume presents contemporary responses to a writer's work, enablin…more
- Remaking identities: God, nation, and race in world historyGet This Now!
For centuries conquerors, missionaries, and political movements acting in the name of a single god, nation, or race have sought to remake human identities. Tracing the rise of…more
- Superhero synergies: comic book characters go digitalGet This Now!
This collection of essays explores the developing relationship between superheroes and various forms of media, examining how the superhero genre, which was once limited primar…more
- Restless ChinaGet This Now!
This compelling book explores the explosive pace of change in China and how its citizens are grappling with a dramatically new world, both in the public and private spheres. T…more
- Violence, inequality, and human freedomGet This Now!
Violence, Inequality, and Human Freedom is a sociological introduction to the study of violence that looks at violence on three different levels-structural, institutional, and…more
- How the Jews defeated Hitler: exploding the myth of Jewish passivity in the face of NazismGet This Now!
One of the most common assumptions about World War II is that the Jews did not actively or effectively resist their own extermination at the hands of the Nazis. In this powerf…more
- Supernatural youth: the rise of the teen hero in literature and popular cultureGet This Now!
Supernatural Youth: The Rise of the Teen Hero in Literature and Popular Culture, edited by Jes Battis, addresses the role of adolescence in fantastic media, adventure stories,…more
- German foreign policy, 1918-1945: a guide to current research and resourcesGet This Now!
Christoph Kimmich's German Foreign Policy, 1918-1945: A Guide to Current Research and Resources is the most comprehensive guide to archival resources and published materials o…more
- The generalist approach to conflict resolution a guidebookGet This Now!
This book provides a broad framework for scholar-practitioners to assist parties in conflict to collaboratively and comprehensively analyze and address diverse conflicts using…more
- College success guaranteed: 5 rules to make it happenGet This Now!
As a lifelong teacher, Malcolm Gauld has watched thousands of kids go off to college. Some return to visit after their first year exuding the vibe of conquering heroes. Others…more
- Presidential campaign rhetoric in an age of confessional politicsGet This Now!
Presidential Campaign Rhetoric in the Age of Confessional Politics analyzes religious rhetoric in presidential campaigns from 1976-2008, proposing a confessional political sty…more