- The case for grassroots collaboration: social capital and ecosystem restoration at the local levelGet This Now!
This book addresses the activities of three grassroots environmental collaborations in the Chesapeake Bay region. Citizen-based collaboration can be effective in ecosystem res…more
- English modernism, national identity and the Germans, 1890-1950Get This Now!
This is the first systematic analysis of the relationship between representations of 'Germanness' in modernist British literature, the construction of English identity and the…more
- Globalization and money: a global South perspectiveGet This Now!
Globalization and Money explores how men and women, particularly the poor and the unbanked in the global South, use money in ways that empower themselves and their families. S…more
- Performing the everyday in Henry James's late novelsGet This Now!
Focusing on James's last three completed novels - The Ambassadors, The Wings of the Dove, and The Golden Bowl - Maya Higashi Wakana shows how a microsociological approach to J…more
- Edible identities: food as cultural heritageGet This Now!
Bringing together cultural anthropologists, archaeologists, historians and other scholars of food and heritage, this volume closely examines the ways in which the cultivation,…more
- Interfaces of performanceGet This Now!
This collection of essays and interviews investigates current practices that expand our understanding and experience of performance through the use of state-of-the-art technol…more
- Computers, schools, and students: the effects of technologyGet This Now!
Using research from a variety of secondary schools, the authors suggest ways to enable reality to match the ambitious expectations of political initiatives and investment in I…more
- Contested categories: life sciences in societyGet This Now!
Drawing on social science perspectives, Contested Categories presents a series of empirical studies that engage with the often shifting and day-to-day realities of life scienc…more
- Manuscript miscellanies in early modern EnglandGet This Now!
Perhaps more than any other kind of book, manuscript miscellanies require a complex and 'material' reading strategy. This collection of essays models and refines the study of …more
- Children's rights and the minimum age of criminal responsibility: a global perspectiveGet This Now!
This work is the first global analysis of national minimum ages of criminal responsibility, the international legal obligations that surround them and the principal considerat…more
- In search of common ground on abortion: from culture war to reproductive justiceGet This Now!
This book brings together academics, legal practitioners and activists with a wide range of pro-choice, pro-life and other views to explore the possibilities for cultural, phi…more
- Human rights and social equality. challenges for social workGet This Now!
This informative and incisively written edited collection brings together experts from around the world to explore the tension between a normative and a political base of soci…more