- Romantic modernism: nostalgia in the world of conservationGet This Now!
Is it possible for conservationists to approve of the reconstruction of old façades when virtually everything behind them is modern? Should they continue to protect the fron…more
- Statistics and reality: concepts and measurements of migration in EuropeGet This Now!
Statistics and reality analyses the concepts and tools used to measure migration in twelve European countries in the context of their migration histories and provides a critic…more
- Citizenship policies in the New EuropeGet This Now!
The two most recent EU enlargements in May 2004 and in January 2007 have greatly increased the diversity of historic experiences and contemporary conceptions of statehood, nat…more
- Mind the screen: media concepts according to Thomas ElsaesserGet This Now!
Mind the Screen pays tribute to Thomas Elsaesser, pioneering and leading scholars in the field of film and media studies. The contributions present a close-up of media concept…more
- Cult places and cultural change in Republican Italy: a contextual approach to religious aspects of rural society after the Roman conquestGet This Now!
This scholarly study throws a new light on the Roman impact on religious structures in Republican Italy.
- Equal opportunities and ethnic inequality in European labour markets: discrimination, gender and policies of diversityGet This Now!
An international comparative study on scientific research on the employment situation of migrants and ethnic minorities in European countries
- Migration in a globalised world: new research issues and prospectsGet This Now!
This broad thematic study offers a major new research perspective on international migration in the context of globalisation.
- Dutch ships in tropical waters: the development of the Dutch East India Company (VOC) shipping network in Asia 1595-1660Get This Now!
The end of the 16th century saw Dutch expansion in Asia, as The Dutch East India Company (the VOC) was fast becoming an Asian power, both political and economic. By 1669, the …more
- Mapping intermediality in performanceGet This Now!
This volume examines afresh the impact upon acting and performance of digital technologies. It is concerned with how digital culture combines the traditional 'liveness' of the…more
- European development cooperation: in between the local and the globalGet This Now!
Official Development Assistance, or foreign aid, disbursed by the EU member states reached record levels in 2008, when several member states raised their assistance considerab…more
- South Asian partition fiction in English: from Khushwant Singh to Amitav GhoshGet This Now!
Explores a significant cross-section of South Asian fiction in English written on the theme of Partition from the mid-1950s to the late 1980s
- Asian literary voices: from marginal to mainstreamGet This Now!
This volume brings together some of the most exciting recent scholarship on Asian literature and culture, spanning all three mainstream cultures of China, Japan, and Korea, al…more