- Renascent empire?: the House of Braganza and the quest for stability in Portuguese monsoon Asia c.1640-1683Get This Now!
A detailed study about Portuguese colonial policy in Asia
- Making technology masculine: men, women and modern machines in America, 1870-1945Get This Now!
A pioneering study of the relations between gender and technology.
- Strindberg's The ghost sonata: from text to performanceGet This Now!
Study by one of the world's leading Strindberg scholars
- Acting emotions: shaping emotions on stageGet This Now!
Fascinating survey of acting styles and the psychology of emotions in acting.
- New Germans, new Dutch: literary interventionsGet This Now!
A bold and original analysis of the recent literature of migration by the Turkish-German and Moroccan-Dutch writers, exploring the literary and social ramifications of nationa…more
- Women's rights?: the handicapped foetus and abortion in JapanGet This Now!
This book analyses the debates between handicapped people's movement and women's movement in Japan about the issue of selective abortion focusing on the concept of 'right'.
- Euthanasia and law in the NetherlandsGet This Now!
An extended study on euthanasia in the Netherlands.
- Women and the colonial state: essays on gender and modernity in the Netherlands Indies, 1900-1942Get This Now!
Relevant and new insights in the social dynamics of society and politics in relation to gender.
- Living dangerously: a biography of Joris IvensGet This Now!
Highly prized biography of one of the Netherlands' most famous and controversial filmmakers.
- Transfigurations: Violence, Death and Masculinity in American CinemaGet This Now!
Transfigurations: Violance, Death and Masculinity in American Cinema brings the problem of film violence into a renewed dialogue with contemporary theory
- The New presence of China in AfricaGet This Now!
This insightful book describes China's growing range of activities in Africa and to what extent the Chinese model in Africa can act as an example for the West.
- The paradoxes of transparency: science and the ecosystem approach to fisheries management in EuropeGet This Now!
This book lays out the results of extensive sociological research on ICES the central scientific network within the massive set of bureaucracies that is responsible for Europe…more