- Purified by blood: honour killings amongst Turks in the NetherlandsGet This Now!
A thorough study of honour killing by Turks in the Netherlands
- Local identities: landscape and community in the late prehistoric Meuse-Demer-Scheldt regionGet This Now!
A study of the archaeologies of landscape and community in the Northwest European Plain
- Film remakes as ritual and disguise: from Carmen to RipleyGet This Now!
The first book-length account of the symbolic chains that link remakes such as Psycho and Carmen and explain their disguises
- Art in progress: a philosophical response to the end of the avant-gardeGet This Now!
In this challenging and erudite philosophical essay, the author argues that in art, belief in progress is still relevant, if not essential. The radical freedoms of postmoderni…more
- Europe's invisible migrantsGet This Now!
Fresh insights into immigration, racism and ethnic conflict in post-colonial Europe.
- The West in early cinema: after the beginningGet This Now!
Traces the relationships between the early Westerns, other cinematic genres of the period, and other popular media
- Paths of integration: migrants in Western Europe (1880-2004)Get This Now!
A timely overview of issues in the current debates on immigration, from parallels between American and European migration patterns to the role of Islam in contemporary social …more
- Why are artists poor?: the exceptional economy of the artsGet This Now!
An unconventional socio-economic analysis of the economic position of the arts and artists
- Camera obscura, camera lucida: essays in honor of Annette MichelsonGet This Now!
In honor of Michelson's unique legacy
- Media policy for the digital ageGet This Now!
An argument from the Netherlands Scientific Council for Government Policy in favour of a more creative and open-minded media policy
- Animals in ritual and economy in a Roman frontier community: excavations in Tiel-PassewaaijGet This Now!
This new volume in the acclaimed Amsterdam Archaeological Studies series explores the roles of animals in a rural community in the civitas Batavorum in the 1st to 3rd centurie…more
- Malaysian cinema, Asian film: border crossings and national culturesGet This Now!
A study of the heterogeneity and cultural complexities of the Malaysian cinema