- Global histories of workGet This Now!
- Is there a Judeo-Christian tradition?: a European perspectiveGet This Now!
- German rabbis in British exile: from 'Heimat' into the unknownGet This Now!
- Johanssonian investigations: essays in honour of Ingvar Johansson on his seventieth birthdayGet This Now!
In the last decades, Ingvar Johansson has made a formidable contribution to the development of philosophy and particularly that of metaphysics. This volume consists of origina…more
- Working the phones: control and resistance in call centresGet This Now!
- Coolies of capitalism: Assam tea and the making of Coolie labourGet This Now!
- The rise of democracy: revolution, war and transformations in international politics since 1776Get This Now!
Explores democracy's remarkable rise from obscurity to centre stage in contemporary international relations, from the rogue democratic state of 18th Century France to Western …more
- Expanding the lexicon: linguistic innovation, morphological productivity, and ludicityGet This Now!
- Cicero's law: rethinking Roman law of the late RepublicGet This Now!
A fundamental re-assessment of Cicero's place in Roman law. This volume brings together an international team of scholars to debate Cicero's role in the narrative of Roman …more
- The handy literature answer book: an engaging guide to unraveling symbols, signs and meanings in great worksGet This Now!
The Handy Literature Answer Book: Understand and Enjoy Meanings, Symbolism, and Signs in Great Works is an engaging, easy-to-read look at literature basics such as themes, sym…more
- A Concise History of the Middle EastGet This Now!
- National security vs. civil & privacy rightsGet This Now!
This new series from Grey House offers indepth, single volumes that follow the debate, or path, to a decision on a controversial topic as it evolved throughout history. Each v…more