- Drawing the processGet This Now!
A major International conference on this theme took place in January 2003. To coincide with this event, this book documents and expands upon the theme of ''drawing the process…more
- Visualizing anthropologyGet This Now!
Questions of vision and knowledge are central to debates about the world in which we live. Developing new analytical approaches toward ways of seeing is a key challenge facing…more
- If you build it, they will learn: 17 devices for demonstrating physical scienceGet This Now!
If You Build It, They Will Learn is the perfect do-it-yourself guide for physics teachers who want custom-made demonstration projects to use in their classrooms. Devices like …more
- Nanoculture: implications of the new technoscienceGet This Now!
Nano denotes a billionth; a nanometer is a billionth of a meter. New instrumentation and techniques have for the first time made possible materials research and engineering at…more
- Computers and the history of art: a subject in transitionGet This Now!
This book looks at the transformation that Art and Art history is undergoing through engagement with the digital revolution. Since its initiation in 1985, CHArt (Computers and…more
- Stealing the network: how to own a continentGet This Now!
This is a book that will create enormous debate within the technical and the counter-terrorism communities. While there will be the inevitable criticism that the material cont…more
- StrokeGet This Now!
Stroke is a finalist for a 2005 ForeWord Book of the Year Award! Click here to learn more about the ForeWord Book of the Year Awards. There are an estimated 4,800,000 stroke s…more
- Asparagus dreamsGet This Now!
Expelled from mainstream education and vaguely aware she has something called 'Asparagus' Syndrome, 12-year-old Jessica is sent away to a residential school for young people w…more
- Wishing On the Midnight Star: My Asperger BrotherGet This Now!
Wishing on the Midnight Star presents the sibling's view of the joys and frustrations of having a younger brother with Asperger Syndrome, with insights into the daily adventur…more
- Safeguarding and promoting the well being of children, families, and their communitiesGet This Now!