- Logic and automata: history and perspectivesGet This Now!
This collection of papers deal with challenges in disciplines such as complexity theory, games, algorithms and semi group theory and discuss current chellenges in this field
- The last great American picture show: new Hollywood cinema in the 1970sGet This Now!
A unique evaluation of the American cinema of the 1970s, including cult film directors such as Peter Bogdanovich, Robert Altman and Monte Hellman
- Women and Muslim family laws in Arab states: a comparative overview of textual development and advocacyGet This Now!
Muslim family law and its principles 15 regarding marriage, divorce, personal maintenance, paternity, and child custody is one of the most widely applied family law systems in…more
- How welfare states care: culture, gender, and parenting in EuropeGet This Now!
Indepth analysis of women's (and men's) employment and care patterns, as well as, child care services, taxation, leave schemes and social security in four different welfare st…more
- Film architecture and the transnational imagination: set design in 1930s European cinemaGet This Now!
Presents for the first time a comparative study of European film set design in the late 1920s and 1930
- Transnational archipelago: perspectives on Cape Verdean migration and diasporaGet This Now!
A study of international migration and transnationalism. It explores the Cape Verdean diaspora through its geographical diversity and with a range of thematic perspectives.
- The position of the Turkish and Moroccan second generation in Amsterdam and Rotterdam: the TIES study in the NetherlandsGet This Now!
First publication of the TIES Project studies the social situation and views of the Dutch second generation of Turkish and Moroccan origin
- International migration in Europe: new trends and new methods of analysisGet This Now!
International Migration in Europe addresses some of the new aspects of European international migration.
- Cinephilia: movies, love and memoryGet This Now!
Documents the latest generation of cinephiles and their use of new technologies
- Divine comedies for the new millennium: recent Dante translations in America and the NetherlandsGet This Now!
A lively debate on the recently published American and Dutch translations of Dante's masterpiece.
- Art at auction in 17th century AmsterdamGet This Now!
Examines original documents from Amsterdam's Orphan Chamber, analyzing the profiles of buyers of art by auction
- Use and appreciation of Mycenaean pottery in the Levant, Cyprus and Italy (1600-1200 BC)Get This Now!
New insights into the significance of context through this meticulous interpretation of findings of Mycenaean pottery.