- Fixing inequality in Hong KongGet This Now!
When discussing inequality and poverty in Hong Kong, scholars and politicians often focus on the failures of government policy and push for an increase in social welfare. Rich…more
- The imperative of development: the Wolfensohn Center at BrookingsGet This Now!
The Imperative of Development highlights the research and policy analysis produced by the Wolfensohn Center for Development at Brookings. The Center, which operated from 2006 …more
- Results not receipts: counting the right things in aid and corruptionGet This Now!
- Recovering Native American Writings in the Boarding School PressGet This Now!
"Anthology of editorials, articles, and essays written and published by Indigenous students at boarding schools around the turn of the twentieth century"--
- The vision of the soul: truth, goodness, and beauty in the western traditionGet This Now!
- The violence of climate change: lessons of resistance from nonviolent activistsGet This Now!
It is beyond debate that human beings are the primary cause of climate change. Many think of climate change as primarily a scientific, economic, or political problem, and thos…more
- I can sewGet This Now!
A great teaching tool for young sewers, this book features easy-to-understand instructions and clear, step-by-step illustrations that will guide novice sewers through techniqu…more
- The mathematics of secrets: cryptography from Caesar ciphers to digital encryptionGet This Now!
"The Mathematics of Secrets takes readers on a tour of the mathematics behind cryptography--the science of sending secret messages. Joshua Holden shows how mathematical princi…more
- Paul, the pagan's apostleGet This Now!
Often seen as the author of timeless Christian theology, Paul himself heatedly maintained that he lived and worked in history's closing hours. His letters propel his readers i…more
- Trauma in first person: diary writing during the HolocaustGet This Now!
What are the effects of radical oppression on the human psyche? What happens to the inner self of the powerless and traumatized victim, especially during times of widespread h…more
- Elinor Ostrom's Rules for radicals: cooperative alternatives beyond markets and statesGet This Now!
Elinor Ostrom was both a groundbreaking thinker and one of the foremost economists of our age. The first and only woman to win the Nobel Prize for Economics, her revolutionary…more
- The Calculus of happiness: how a mathematical approach to life adds up to helath, wealth and loveGet This Now!
What's the best diet for overall health and weight management? How can we change our finances to retire earlier? How can we maximize our chances of finding our soul mate? In T…more