- Cooperative Strategy: Managing Alliances, Networks, and Joint Ventures.Get This Now!
Strategic alliances are increasingly common, as many organizations look towards various partnering arrangements. This second edition of Strategies of Cooperation extends the f…more
- The weight of their votes: southern women and political leverage in the 1920sGet This Now!
After the ratification of the Nineteenth Amendment in 1920, thousands of southern women went to the polls for the first time. This book examines the consequences this had in s…more
- Freedom's teacher: the life of Septima ClarkGet This Now!
Septima Poinsette Clark's gift to the civil rights movement was education. In the mid-1950s, this former public school teacher developed a citizenship training program that en…more
- Illustrated guide to door hardware: design, specification, selectionGet This Now!
A single, comprehensive resource for all aspects of door HARDWARE The Illustrated Guide to Door Hardware is the industry's one-stop reference for door standards, and the ide…more
- Foreign aid and foreign policy: lessons for the next half-centuryGet This Now!
This timely work presents cutting-edge analysis of the problems of U.S. foreign assistance programs--why these problems have not been solved in the past, and how they might be…more
- Telling histories: Black women historians in the ivory towerGet This Now!
The field of black women's history gained recognition as a legitimate field of study only late in the twentieth century. Collecting stories that are both deeply personal and p…more
- Convergence: illicit networks and national security in the age of globalizationGet This Now!
- Bio-inspired innovation and national securityGet This Now!
- Right to ride: streetcar boycotts and African American citizenship in the era of Plessy v. FergusonGet This Now!
Through a reexamination of the earliest struggles against Jim Crow, Blair Kelley exposes the fullness of African American efforts to resist the passage of segregation laws div…more
- Sexual injustice: Supreme Court decisions from Griswold to RoeGet This Now!
The U.S. Supreme Court of the 1960s and 1970s is typically celebrated by liberals and condemned by conservatives for its rulings on abortion, birth control, and other sexual m…more
- Talk with you like a woman: African American women, justice, and reform in New York, 1890-1935Get This Now!
With this book, Cheryl Hicks brings to light the voices and viewpoints of black working-class women, especially southern migrants, who were the subjects of urban and penal ref…more
- Pickett's charge--the last attack at GettysburgGet This Now!
Pickett's Charge is probably the best-known military engagement of the Civil War, widely regarded as the defining moment of the battle of Gettysburg and celebrated as the high…more