- Ecotheology and the practice of hopeGet This Now!
- The making of American audiences: from stage to television, 1750-1990Get This Now!
This is a comprehensive survey of American entertainment audiences from the colonial period to the modern day.
- American cinema of the 1970s: themes and variationsGet This Now!
A smug glance at the seventies-the so-called "Me Decade"-unveils a kaleidoscope of big hair, blaring music, and broken politics-all easy targets for satire, cynicism, and ulti…more
- Brass diva: the life and legends of Ethel MermanGet This Now!
Broadway star Ethel Merman's voice was a mesmerizing force and her vitality was legendary, yet the popular perception of La Merm as the irrepressible wonder falls far short of…more
- MusicGet This Now!
New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture: Volume 12: Music
- Law and politicsGet This Now!
New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture: Volume 10: Law and Politics
- On Russian musicGet This Now!
Over the past four decades, Richard Taruskin's publications have redefined the field of Russian-music study. This volume gathers thirty-six essays on composers ranging from Bo…more
- Thoreau's democratic withdrawal: alienation, participation, and modernityGet This Now!
- The presidents we imagine: two centuries of White House fictions on the page, on the stage, onscreen, and onlineGet This Now!
- Responses to Oliver Stone's Alexander: film, history, and cultural studiesGet This Now!
- Emerson's liberalismGet This Now!
- Plotting history: the Russian historical novel in the Imperial AgeGet This Now!