- The interpretation of otherness: literature, religion, and the American imaginationGet This Now!
Studies the ways in which imaginative literature expresses religious meaning and considers the contribution of literary criticism to religious scholarship, maintaining that a …more
- The economist: Henry Thoreau and enterpriseGet This Now!
This is a study of Thoreau's participation in the economic discourse of his time, when America underwent an unprecedented transformation in economic thinking and behaviour.
- In defense of globalizationGet This Now!
Drawing on his unparalleled knowledge of international economics, the author explains why the ""gotcha"" examples of the critics are often not as they seem, and that in fact g…more
- Emerson and the art of the diaryGet This Now!
An extended literary description and analysis of Emerson's journals, which argues that these works constitute one of the greatest commentaries on 19th century America, realizi…more
- Eliot, Joyce, and companyGet This Now!
This study explores the relations of T.S.Eliot and James Joyce with certain antecedents, such as Dante, Flaubert and Baudelaire; with contemporaries including Pound and Yeats;…more
- Fantastic worlds: myths, tales, and storiesGet This Now!
Covers fantastic narrative from ancient myths to modern science fiction in more than fifty tales which represent man's imagination in etiology, entertainment, and wonder.
- Accountability for Learning: How Teachers and School Leaders Can Take Charge.Get This Now!
Reeves provides a blueprint to transform educational accountability from something ''done to'' (and hence resisted and resented by) teachers, to the use of accountability as a…more
- The Essentials of Mathematics K-6: Effective Curriculum, Instruction, and AssessmentGet This Now!
- Designing Personalized Learning for Every StudentGet This Now!
Today's students are more diverse than ever before--in cultural backgrounds, learning styles and interests, social and economic classes, and abilities and disabilities. How ca…more
- The dragons of autism: autism as a source of wisdomGet This Now!
- Demystifying the autistic experience: a humanistic introduction for parents, caregivers, and educatorsGet This Now!
- Designing authenticity into language learning materialsGet This Now!
This book puts forward an authenticity-centred approach to the design of materials for language learning. The premise of the approach is that language learning should be based…more