- This land is our land: immigrants and power in MiamiGet This Now!
For those opposed to immigration, Miami is a nightmare. Miami is the de facto capital of Latin America; it is a city where immigrants dominate, Spanish is ubiquitous, and Denn…more
- American gulag: inside U.S. immigration prisonsGet This Now!
Before September 11, 2001, few Americans had heard of immigration detention, but in fact a secret and repressive prison system run by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization S…more
- Dangerous intimacy: the untold story of Mark Twain's final yearsGet This Now!
The last phase of Mark Twain's life is sadly familiar: Crippled by losses and tragedies, America's greatest humorist sank into a deep and bitter depression. It is also wrong. …more
- The making of the Chinese industrial workplace: state, revolution, and labor managementGet This Now!
This book traces the origins of the 'iron rice bowl' of comprehensive cradle-to-grave benefits and lifetime employment in Chinese factories. It suggests that, in some ways, th…more
- Shakespeare and the question of theoryGet This Now!
The theoretical ferment which has affected literary studies over the last decade has called into question traditional ways of thinking about, classifying and interpreting text…more
- Rethinking resistance: revolt and violence in African historyGet This Now!
This work covers the subject of resistance. Were political forms of resistance directed at the imposition or ending of colonial rule or at African elites profiting from the on…more
- How the Talmud worksGet This Now!
The Bavli, or Talmud of Babylonia, the foundation-document of Judaism, its law, theology, and exegesis of Scripture, sets forth an orderly world, resting on reason and tested …more
- Education in ancient IndiaGet This Now!
A survey of all aspects of education in India, both in the oral and written traditions. Chronologically it covers everything from the Vedic period up to the Hindu kingdoms bef…more
- Social constructionism and theologyGet This Now!
Although its forms vary, social constructionism is one to which not only social scientists, but also researchers in the psychology and sociology of religion, adhere. This volu…more
- A concise historical grammar of the Albanian language: reconstruction of Proto-AlbanianGet This Now!
This work addresses the historical development of the Albanian language from prehistoric times to the 21st century. It focuses on the reconstruction of Proto-Albanian, the ana…more
- The light of Thy countenance: science and knowledge of God in the thirteenth centuryGet This Now!
This work documents the development of scholastic argumentation in 13th century Europe. It traces the rise of a formal model of science and resulting accommodations in traditi…more
- The science of sales success: a proven system for high-profit, repeatable resultsGet This Now!
The Science of Sales Success shows readers how to achieve the perfect win-win sales situation. Providing a system for giving customers more measurable benefits than competitor…more