- Language strategies for bilingual families: the one-parent-one-language approachGet This Now!
This title looks at how families can support and increase bilingualism through planned strategies. One such strategy is the one person-one language approach, where each parent…more
- Beyond the beginnings: literacy interventions for upper elementary English language learnersGet This Now!
Addressing the curricular, instructional and assessment needs of upper grade elementary teachers, this book helps to promote literacy development in their English language lea…more
- A history of women's writing in RussiaGet This Now!
A comprehensive account of the lives and works of Russia's women writers from the Middle Ages to the present. Contributors have addressed the surprising contexts within which …more
- Abortion in JudaismGet This Now!
Abortion in Judaism presents a complete Jewish legal history of abortion from the earliest relevant biblical references through the end of the twentieth century. For the first…more
- The life of Erasmus DarwinGet This Now!
This account of his grandfather Erasmus Darwin is the last of Charles Darwin's books to be published in full. Giving a lively portrait of Erasmus, whom many people consider to…more
- Augustine: political writingsGet This Now!
This collection brings together thirty-five letters and sermons of Augustine, Bishop of Hippo, that deal with political matters. These texts complement Augustine's classic Cit…more
- Hegel, Nietzsche, and philosophy: thinking freedomGet This Now!
This study explores the theme of freedom in the philosophy of Hegel and Nietzsche. In bringing Hegel and Nietzsche together into a conversation, Will Dudley has developed some…more
- Numbers and functions: steps into analysisGet This Now!
In this new edition of Numbers and Functions, the reader is invited to tackle each of the key concepts of mathematical analysis in turn, progressing from experience through a …more
- Australian languages: their nature and developmentGet This Now!
Aboriginal people have been in Australia for at least 40,000 years, speaking about 250 languages. Through examination of published and unpublished materials on each of the ind…more
- Women, property, and Confucian reaction in Sung and Yüan China (960-1368)Get This Now!
This book argues that the Mongol invasion of China in the thirteenth century precipitated a lasting transformation of marriage and property law that deprived women of their pr…more
- Science fiction filmGet This Now!
Examines one of the most enduring genres of Hollywood cinema, suggesting how the science fiction film reflects the development of twentieth century American attitudes toward s…more
- Amino acids and peptidesGet This Now!
This text is suitable for advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students in chemistry and biochemistry studying amino acids and peptides. The authors concentrate on a…more