- Obsession: male same-sex relations in China, 1900-1950Get This Now!
This is the most serious study to date on the topic of male same-sex relations in China during the early twentieth century, illuminating male same-sex relations in many sites:…more
- East Asian pop culture: analysing the Korean waveGet This Now!
This volume provides, collectively, a multi-layered analysis of the emerging East Asian media culture, using the Korean TV drama as its analytic vehicle.
- The WPA guide to 1930s IowaGet This Now!
Originally published during the Great Depression, The WPA Guide nevertheless finds much to celebrate in the heartland of America. Nearly three dozen essays highlight Iowa's de…more
- Inside Ocean Hill-Brownsville: a teacher's education, 1968-69Get This Now!
- Good white people: the problem with middle-class white anti-racismGet This Now!
- Goddess of the market: Ayn Rand and the American RightGet This Now!
Worshipped by her fans, denounced by her enemies, and forever shadowed by controversy and scandal, the novelist and philosopher Ayn Rand was a powerful thinker whose views on …more
- The global village myth: distance, war, and the limits of powerGet This Now!
Porter challenges the powerful ideology of "Globalism" that is widely subscribed to by the US national security community. Globalism entails visions of a perilous shrunken wor…more
- Mission creep: the militarization of US foreign policy?Get This Now!
Mission Creep: The Militarization of US Foreign Policy? examines the question of whether the US Department of Defense (DOD) has assumed too large a role in influencing and imp…more
- Growing up Muslim: Muslim college students in America tell their life storiesGet This Now!
- The new African disaporaGet This Now!
- The ethics of interrogation: professional responsibility in an age of terrorGet This Now!
Can harsh interrogation techniques and torture ever be morally justified for a nation at war or under the threat of imminent attack? In the aftermath of the September 11, 2001…more
- The DREAMers: how the undocumented youth movement transformed the immigrant rights debateGet This Now!
On May 17, 2010, four undocumented students occupied the Arizona office of Senator John McCain. Across the country a flurry of occupations, hunger strikes, demonstrations, and…more