- Singapore in global historyGet This Now!
This important overview explores the connections between Singapore's past with historical developments worldwide until present day. The contributors analyse Singapore as a cit…more
- The Russian second generation in Tallinn and Kohtla-Järve: the TIES study in EstoniaGet This Now!
Second-generation Russians face two major integration challenges in the Estonian cities of Tallinn and Kohtla-Järve. They are segregated from an Estonian language society wh…more
- Beyond Dutch borders: transnational politics among colonial migrants, guest workers and the second generationGet This Now!
Despite widespread scepticism in receiving societies, migrants often remain loyal to their former homeland and stay active in the politics there. Beyond Dutch Borders is about…more
- Odd couples: a history of gay marriage in ScandinaviaGet This Now!
Why did gay marriage originate in Scandinavia? What happened next? What are the benefits and the dangers of assimilation?
- How modern science came into the world: four civilizations, one 17th-century breakthroughGet This Now!
Once upon a time 'The Scientific Revolution of the 17th century' was an innovative concept that inspired a stimulating narrative of how modern science came into the world. Hal…more
- A continent moving West?: EU enlargement and labour migration from Central and Eastern EuropeGet This Now!
A Continent Moving West? explores the expansion of migration from countries in Eastern Europe following their accession to the European Union. Fifteen expertly authored chapte…more
- Death at the opposite ends of Eurasian continent: mortality trends in Taiwan and the Netherlands 1850-1945Get This Now!
Historical demographers since Malthus have characterized the West-European and Chinese demographic regimes as systems under low and high pressure, respectively. This volume ex…more
- American multiculturalism after 9/11: transatlantic perspectivesGet This Now!
This provocative and rich volume charts the post-9/11 debates and practice of multiculturalism, pinpointing their political and cultural implications in the United States and …more
- Installation art and the museum: presentation and conservation of changing artworksGet This Now!
- Bastard or playmate?: adapting theatre, mutating media and the contemporary performing artsGet This Now!
This fascinating volume explores the theme of mutating and adapting media in its relation to theatre and performance. Bringing together international scholars and artists, the…more
- Hiding making - showing creation: the studio from Turner to Tacita DeanGet This Now!
- Audiences: defining and researching screen entertainment receptionGet This Now!
Moving away from the recent prevalence of text-based analysis in the field of film studies, Audience tackles one of the most important issues in cinema-how the audience engage…more