- Late-career risks in changing welfare states: comparing Germany and the United States since the 1980sGet This Now!
- Observing protest from a placeGet This Now!
- Players and arenas: the interactive dynamics of protestGet This Now!
- Digital passages: migrant youth 2.0 : diaspora, gender and youth cultural intersectionsGet This Now!
- Breaking down the state: protestors engagedGet This Now!
- Mobilizing labour for the global coffee market: profits from an unfree work regime in colonial JavaGet This Now!
Coffee has been grown on Java for the commercial market since the early eighteenth century, when the Dutch East India Company began buying from peasant producers in the Priang…more
- Immigration and social systems: collected essays of Michael BommesGet This Now!
This title is available in the OAPEN Library - http://www.oapen.org.
- Care at a distance: on the closeness of technologyGet This Now!
This widely researched study demonstrates convincingly that neither grandiose promises nor nightmare scenarios have much to do with actual care practices employing telecare. C…more
- Mobile screens: the visual regime of navigationGet This Now!
Mobile Screens captures the ways in which we engage with screens as interfaces with spatial, temporal, and haptic experiences.
- Jean Epstein: critical essays and new translationsGet This Now!
Filmmaker and theoretician Jean Epstein profoundly influenced film practice, criticism and reception in France during the 1920s and well beyond. His work not only forms the cr…more
- Post-colonial immigrants and identity formations in the NetherlandsGet This Now!
This book explores the Dutch post-colonial migrant experience within the context of a wider European debate spanning sixty years and three generations
- Aspects of urbanization in China: Shanghai, Hong Kong, GuangzhouGet This Now!
China's rise as a global power is one of the transformative events of our time. Hundreds of millions of people have been lifted out of poverty thanks to the country's rapid in…more