- Empire and identity in Guizhou: local resistance to Qing expansionGet This Now!
- Doing business in rural China: Liangshan's new ethnic entrepreneursGet This Now!
- Ontological investigations: an inquiry into the categories of nature, man and societyGet This Now!
- The reparations controversy: the Jewish state and German money in the shadow of the Holocaust, 1951-1952Get This Now!
- Formational units in sign languagesGet This Now!
Sign languages and spoken languages have many fascinating differences, caused primarily by the reaction of the human mind to different modalities, but also by some important s…more
- Methods in contemporary linguisticsGet This Now!
The present volume is a broad overview of methods and methodologies in linguistics, illustrated with examples from concrete research. It collects insights gained from a broad …more
- Modal and focus particles in sign languages: a cross-linguistic studyGet This Now!
Bringing together the research fields of sign language linguistics and information structure, this book focuses on the realization of modal and focus particles in German Sign …more
- Sign language research, uses and practicesGet This Now!
Sign linguistics cannot be separated from deaf community practices, especially with regard to education and interpretation. This book brings together work on sign language int…more
- Sign languages in village communities: anthropological and linguistic insightsGet This Now!
The book is a unique collection of research on sign languages that have emerged in rural communities with a high incidence of, often hereditary, deafness. These ""village sign…more
- Reading by numbers: recalibrating the literary fieldGet This Now!
'Reading by Numbers: Recalibrating the Literary Field' explores the critical potential of digital and quantitative methods for producing new knowledge about literary and cultu…more
- Germania SemiticaGet This Now!
Germania Semitica describes linguistic and cultural Semitic influences on Early Germanic at two points in space and time: (1) Fifth to third century Proto-Germanic when a Phoe…more
- The book of Job: aesthetics, ethics, hermeneuticsGet This Now!
The Book of Job has held a central role in defining the project of modernity from the age of Enlightenment until today. Why has Job's response to disaster become a touchs…more