- Mappae mundi: humans and their habitats in a long-term socio-ecological perspective : myths, maps and modelsGet This Now!
Never before in human society has the interaction of people and their natural environment been so complex. It is precisely this diversity that creates a need for a synthesis t…more
- European Cinema: Face to Face with HollywoodGet This Now!
A collection of essays by the acclaimed film scholar Thomas Elsaesser, written between 1968 and 2005, tracks the crisis of contemporary European cinema, faced by the Hollywood…more
- Reformation of Islamic thought: a critical historical analysisGet This Now!
Exhaustive coverage of the emergence and development of political Islam and Islamic state
- The dynamics of migration and settlement in europe: a state of the artGet This Now!
The first title in an international new series focusing on migration, integration and social cohesion in Europe post 1945
- Migration and irregular work in Austria: a case study of the structure and dynamics of irregular foreign employment in Europe at the beginning of the 21st centuryGet This Now!
This meticulously researched study of irregular migrant work in Austria holds many broader lessons for countries all over Europe.
- Illegal migration and gender in a global and historical perspectiveGet This Now!
This incisive study combines the two subjects and views the migration scholarship through the lens of the gender perspective.
- Film festivals: from European geopolitics to global cinephiliaGet This Now!
The first comprehensive study of film festivals that marks key historical moments and offers surprising insights into the workings of a highly influential cultural network
- The madrasa in Asia: political activism and transnational linkagesGet This Now!
The Madrasa in Asia presents a nuanced overview of the unknown world behind the walls of these traditional Islamic schools in Asia.
- Harun Farocki: working on the sightlinesGet This Now!
The first English-language book on Germany's 'best-known important filmmaker'
- The family in question: immigrant and ethnic minorities in multicultural EuropeGet This Now!
The family lives of immigrants and ethnic minority populations have become central to arguments about the right and wrong ways of living in multicultural societies. While the …more
- Global Indian diasporas: exploring trajectories of migration and theoryGet This Now!
A cross-disciplinary overview of the new historical and anthropological research on South Asian migrants worldwide
- Their footprints remain: biomedical beginnings across the Indo-Tibetan frontierGet This Now!
A ground-breaking study of the introduction of ""Western medicine"" to Kalimpong, Sikkim, central Tibet and Bhutan.