- Sensual Relations: Engaging the Senses in Culture and Social TheoryGet This Now!
- Hooliganism: crime, culture, and power in St. Petersburg, 1900-1914Get This Now!
- Women of the Andes: Patriarchy and Social Change in Two Peruvian TownsGet This Now!
- The Laws of the Roman People: Public Law in the Expansion and Decline of the Roman RepublicGet This Now!
- Tomorrow Is the Question: New Directions in Experimental Music StudiesGet This Now!
"In recent decades, experimental music has flourished outside of European and American concert halls. The principles of indeterminacy, improvisation, nonmusical sound, and noi…more
- Unsportsmanlike conduct: exploiting college athletesGet This Now!
- Sounds of the underground: a cultural, political, and aesthetic mapping of underground and fringe musicGet This Now!
In this book, Stephen Graham examines the largely unexplored terrain of underground music-exploratory forms of music-making, such as noise, free improvisation, and extreme met…more
- Inventing home: emigration, gender, and the middle class in Lebanon, 1870-1920Get This Now!
Between 1890 and 1920 over one-third of the peasants of Mount Lebanon left their villages and traveled to the Americas. This book traces the journeys of these villagers from t…more
- Dialogue and history: constructing South India, 1795-1895Get This Now!
- Symeon the holy fool: Leontius's Life and the late antique cityGet This Now!
- Hollywood in Berlin: American cinema and Weimar, GermanyGet This Now!
- Rebellious Civil Society: Popular Protest and Democratic Consolidation in Poland, 1989-1993Get This Now!