- An introduction to English phoneticsGet This Now!
This book introduces undergraduates to the concepts, terminology and representations needed for an understanding of how English is pronounced around the world. Assuming no pri…more
- Treacherous Passage: Germany's Secret Plot against the United States in Mexico during World War IGet This Now!
- Competition in the Promised Land: black migrants in northern cities and labor marketsGet This Now!
" From 1940 to 1970, nearly four million black migrants left the American rural South to settle in the industrial cities of the North and West. Competition in the Promised Lan…more
- Unwinding Madness: What Went Wrong with College Sports—and How to Fix ItGet This Now!
- Achieving Regulatory ExcellenceGet This Now!
- The Marshall Plan and the Shaping of American StrategyGet This Now!
Seventy years ago, in the wake of World War II, the United States did something almost unprecedented in world history: It launched and paid for an economic aid plan to restore…more
- China's global engagement: cooperation, competition, and influence in the twenty-first centuryGet This Now!
"Assessing China's rapidly changing role on the international stage China is again undergoing a period of significant transition. Internally, China's leaders are addressing ch…more
- Global lynching and collective violence: volume 1: Asia, Africa, and the Middle EastGet This Now!
"Often considered peculiarly American, lynching in fact takes place around the world. In the first book of a two-volume study, Michael J. Pfeifer collects essays that look at …more
- Deaf in the USSR: marginality, community, and Soviet identity, 1917-1991Get This Now!
- The eagle and the trident: U.S.-Ukraine relations in turbulent timesGet This Now!
- The emergence of globalism: visions of world order in Britain and the United States, 1939-1950Get This Now!
During and after World War II, public intellectuals in Britain and the United States grappled with concerns about the future of democracy, the prospects of liberty, and the de…more
- Global agriculture and the American farmer: opportunities for US leadershipGet This Now!