- Audiovisions: Cinema and Television as Entr'actes in HistoryGet This Now!
An illustrated history of the transformation of the audiovisual media in the 20th century.
- A Second Life: German Cinema's First DecadesGet This Now!
Essays on a neglected period, focusing on the face and fate of popular cinema.
- Writing for the medium: television in transitionGet This Now!
Is there still room for literature and science on television ?
- Between Stage and Screen: Ingmar Bergman DirectsGet This Now!
A pioneering comparison of the director Ingmar Bergman's theatre and film productions.
- National language planning and language shifts in Malaysian minority communities: speaking in many tonguesGet This Now!
Controversies and problems with regard to language policy and language education still exist in Malaysia. Despite the attempts of language policy makers to promote multilingua…more
- Nazi soundscapes: sound, technology and urban space in Germany, 1933-1945Get This Now!
Following the formation of the German National Socialist Party in the 1920s, various forms of sound (popular music, voice, noise and silence) and media technology (radio and l…more
- Divided Dreamworlds?: the cultural Cold War in East and WestGet This Now!
With its unique focus on how culture contributed to the blurring of ideological boundaries between the East and the West, this important volume offers fascinating insights int…more
- European immigrations: trends, structures and policy implicationsGet This Now!
An essential contribution to understanding the dynamics of contemporary immigrant inflows and integration in Europe
- Figuring the past: period film and the Mannerist aestheticGet This Now!
This definitive work offers a new approach to the period film at the turn of the twenty-first century, examining the ways in which contemporary cinema recreates the historical…more
- Armed Batavians: use and significance of weaponry and horse gear from non-military contexts in the Rhine Delta (50 BC to AD 450)Get This Now!
- The integration of descendants of migrants from Turkey in Stockholm: the TIES study in SwedenGet This Now!
This timely book, which is based on the results of the Integration of the Second Generation in Europe survey, presents the disturbing results of a recent study in Stockholm th…more
- Feminisms: diversity, difference and multiplicity in contemporary film culturesGet This Now!