Electronic books recently made available to Hope College users.
- German ethnography in AustraliaGet This Now!
- Tides of innovation in Oceania: value, materiality and placeGet This Now!
- New mana: transformations of a classic concept in Pacific languages and culturesGet This Now!
‘Mana’, a term denoting spiritual power, is found in many Pacific Islands languages. In recent decades, the term has been taken up in New Age movements and online fantasy …more
- Connected & disconnected in Viet Nam: remaking social relations in a post-socialist nationGet This Now!
This book examines the dynamics of connection and disconnection in the lives of contemporary Vietnamese. It features 11 chapters by anthropologists who draw upon research in b…more
- Engendering violence in Papua New GuineaGet This Now!
- Australian politics in a digital ageGet This Now!
- Electoral systems in divided societies: the Fiji constitution.Get This Now!
- Australia and Latin America: challenges and opportunities in the new millenniumGet This Now!
This is a good time to reflect on opportunities and challenges for Australia in Latin America. Impressive economic growth and opportunities for trade and investment have made …more
- Tax, social policy and gender: rethinking equality and efficiencyGet This Now!
- New perspectives in Southeast Asian and Pacific prehistoryGet This Now!
- Navigating the future: an ethnography of change in Papua New GuineaGet This Now!
- Involuntary associations: postcolonial studies and world EnglishesGet This Now!
This book puts examples from World Englishes into dialogue with postcolonial studies, in the belief that while postcolonial studies has obviously had much to say about English…more