Electronic books recently made available to Hope College users.
- Recovering Native American Writings in the Boarding School PressGet This Now!
"Anthology of editorials, articles, and essays written and published by Indigenous students at boarding schools around the turn of the twentieth century"--
- Job: a new translationGet This Now!
This revelatory new translation of Job by one of the world's leading biblical scholars will reshape the way we read this canonical text The book of Job has often been called t…more
- André Thevet's North America: a sixteenth-century viewGet This Now!
André Thevet was one of the most widely travelled Frenchmen of the sixteenth century, visiting almost all the main countries and regions of western Europe, the Near East, an…more
- Rhetorics of Belonging: Nation, Narration, and Israel/PalestineGet This Now!
Rhetorics of Belonging describes the formation and operation of a category of Palestinian and Israeli ""world literature"" whose authors actively respond to the expectation th…more
- Creolizing Europe: legacies and transformationsGet This Now!
Creolizing Europe critically interrogates creolization as the decolonial, rhizomatic thinking necessary for understanding the cultural and social transformations set in motion…more
- Remembering the South African War: Britain and the Memory of the Anglo-Boer War, from 1899 to the PresentGet This Now!
The first comprehensive survey of the memorialisation process in Britain in the aftermath of the South African War, uncovering the themes and myths that underpinned the interp…more
- Healthy cooking & nutrition for college students: how not to gain the freshman 15Get This Now!
- Fast facts for the new nurse practitioner: what you really need to know in a nutshellGet This Now!
- The nurse professional: leveraging your education for transition into practiceGet This Now!
""Nursing school did not adequately prepare me for this role"" and ""Why didn't anyone tell me about this when I was a student?"" are commonly heard complaints from new nurses…more
- Shadow work: the unpaid, unseen jobs that fill your dayGet This Now!
Craig Lambert is the author of Mind Over Water: Lessons on Life from the Art of Rowing. He is a former staff writer and editor at Harvard Magazine an…more
- Teaching sustainability, teaching sustainablyGet This Now!
Over the coming decades, every academic discipline will have to respond to the paradigm of more sustainable life practices because students will be living in a world challenge…more
- Job search in academe: how to get the position you deserveGet This Now!
Building on the success of the first, this new edition has been updated to cover the latest hiring trends, changing economic circumstances, and feedback from readers. The auth…more