Electronic books recently made available to Hope College users.
- The children of BoliviaGet This Now!
- Oh, the places he went: a story about Dr. Seuss--Theodor Seuss GeiselGet This Now!
- The children of MoroccoGet This Now!
- Powwow summer: a family celebrates the circle of lifeGet This Now!
- Fighting for equal rights: a story about Susan B. AnthonyGet This Now!
A biography of one of the foremost women in the battle for equal rights and the vote for women, Susan B. Anthony.
- North Korea and nuclear weapons: entering the new era of deterrenceGet This Now!
North Korea is perilously close to developing strategic nuclear weapons capable of hitting the United States and its allies in East Asia. Since their first nuclear test in 200…more
- Human Rights after Hitler: The Lost History of Prosecuting Axis War CrimesGet This Now!
Human Rights after Hitler is a groundbreaking history about the forgotten work of the UN War Crimes Commission (UNWCC), which operated during and after World War II in respons…more
- Merchants of war and peace: British knowledge of China in the making of the opium warGet This Now!
Merchants of War and Peace challenges conventional arguments that the major driving forces of the First Opium War were the infamous opium smuggling trade, the defense of Briti…more
- The Australian pursuit of Japanese War criminals, 1943-1957: from foe to friendGet This Now!
Previous scholarship on trials of war criminals focused on the legal proceedings with only tacit acknowledgment of the political and social context. Dean Aszkielowicz argues i…more
- News under fire: China's propaganda against Japan in the English-Language Press, 1928-1941Get This Now!
News under Fire: China's Propaganda against Japan in the English-Language Press, 1928-1941 is the first comprehensive study of China's efforts to establish an effective intern…more
- An introduction to English semantics and pragmaticsGet This Now!
An introduction to the linguistic study of meaning, this book outlines the meaning potential (semantics) of English and ways in which the potential is put to use (pragmatics).…more
- An Orderly MessGet This Now!