Electronic books recently made available to Hope College users.
- The reform of Bismarckian pension systems: a comparison of pension politics in Austria, France, Germany, Italy and SwedenGet This Now!
Offers an analysis of the political process involved in the reform of the pension systems in European countries.
- Avoiding the subject: media, culture and the objectGet This Now!
A lively and erudite analysis on visual culture, critical theory, film theory, and new media
- Shooting the family: transnational media and intercultural valuesGet This Now!
This collection of essays explores ever-changing representations of family life on a global scale
- Ethnic identity and imperial power: the Batavians in the early Roman EmpireGet This Now!
An empirically-based analysis of the emergence of the Batavian ethnicity within the Roman Empire
- Contesting the foreshore: tourism, society, and politics on the coastGet This Now!
A collection of essays studying the rapid changes in coastal settlements due to the conflicting interests of traditional and new stakeholders
- Migrants and markets: perspectives from economics and the other social sciencesGet This Now!
Migrants and Markets aims to overcome the artificial barrier between economics and migration research
- Music of the twentieth century: a study of its elements and structureGet This Now!
Ton de Leeuw's lifetime engagement with music, European and Oriental, gives this book its unique insight into what constitutes true modernity and innovation
- Country analysesGet This Now!
Detailed study of each country's nationality laws, their historical background and current provisions in 15 member states of the EU, executed by the renowned IMISCOE network
- The Cinema of Attractions ReloadedGet This Now!
About the attractiveness and usefulness of the term ""cinema of attractions"" for both pre-classical and post-classical cinema
- In his milieu: essays on Netherlandish art in memory of John Michael MontiasGet This Now!
In honor of Michael Montias' contributions to the field of the history of art, an international group of leading scholars have contributed essays to mark his achievements.
- Hitchcock's MotifsGet This Now!
Hitchcock's work through his recurring motifs
- Crisis imperative: crisis rhetoric and welfare state reform in Belgium and the Netherlands in the early 1990sGet This Now!
Discusses two distinct approaches to welfare state reform in two European Union countries faced with mounting costs of 'welfare without work'