Electronic books recently made available to Hope College users.
- Crossing languages to play with words: multidisciplinary perspectivesGet This Now!
Wordplay involving several linguistic codes represents an important modality of ludic language. It is attested in different epochs, communicative situations, genres, and conte…more
- Constructs of identity in Hellenistic Judaism: essays on early Jewish literature and historyGet This Now!
- Kafka and the UniversalGet This Now!
- Guest people: Hakka identity in China and abroadGet This Now!
- Wordplay and metalinguistic: authors, contexts, techniques, and meta-reflectionGet This Now!
- Regime change and ethnic politics in Indonesia: Dayak politics of West KalimantanGet This Now!
- Dialogue as a trans-disciplinary concept: Martin Buber's philosophy of dialogue and its contemporary receptionGet This Now!
This volume of essays takes as its point of departure Martin Buber's principle of dialogue, which he applied as a comprehensive hermeneutic method for the study of various cul…more
- Information politics: liberation and exploitation in the digital societyGet This Now!
Conflict over information is a central part of twenty-first century life. Tim Jordan examines the nature of an information politics that has emergede with the rise of mass dig…more
- Work, sex and power: the forces that shaped our historyGet This Now!
The forces that shape our history are always contentious, yet our fascination with what drives the actions of the human race is inexhaustible. In 'Guns, Germs, and Steel', Jar…more
- Familiar strangers: a history of Muslims in Northwest ChinaGet This Now!
- Mapping Shangrila: contested landscapes in the Sino-Tibetan borderlandsGet This Now!
"In 2001 the Chinese government announced that the precise location of Shangrila--a place that previously had existed only in fiction--had been identified in Zhongdian County,…more
- A landscape of travel: the work of tourism in rural ethnic ChinaGet This Now!