- Don't count the tortillas: the art of Texas Mexican cookingGet This Now!
"From an early age, Chef Adán Medrano understood the power of cooking to enthrall, to grant artistic agency, and to solidify identity as well as succor and hospitality. In t…more
- Queen Margaret: taken from William ShakespeareGet This Now!
Created with original Shakespeare text, Jeanie O'Hare retells The Wars of the Roses through the eyes of the extraordinary Margaret of Anjou. Hungry for power, the men of Henry…more
- The philosophy of rhythm: aesthetics, music, poeticsGet This Now!
"Rhythm is the fundamental pulse that animates poetry, music, and dance across all cultures. And yet the recent explosion of scholarly interest across disciplines in the aural…more
- The orbitofrontal cortexGet This Now!
- Life by algorithms: how roboprocesses are remaking our worldGet This Now!
Computerized processes are everywhere in our society. They are the automated phone messaging systems that businesses use to screen calls; the link between student standardized…more
- Reality ahead of schedule: how science fiction inspires science factGet This Now!
Have you ever wished for a personal jet pack or a robot butler? Do you wonder how you would fare as an interplanetary traveler? Are you eagerly awaiting driverless cars? 'Real…more
- Jubilee: recipes from two centuries of African American cookingGet This Now!
"More than 100 recipes that paint a rich, varied picture of the true history of African American cooking--from a James Beard Award-winning food writer"--Amazon.com.
- Søren Kierkegaard: discourses and writings on spiritualityGet This Now!
"A Kierkegaard specialist provides the first volume of sources and commentary devoted exclusively to Kierkegaard's spirituality"--
- Leading change in academic librariesGet This Now!
"Institutions of higher education and academic libraries are not the traditional organizations they once were. They are subject to a variety of forces, including shifting and …more
- The Holy Spirit before ChristianityGet This Now!
"Locates the roots of the New Testament understanding of God's Spirit in the Exodus tradition"--
- Developing the next generation of library leadersGet This Now!
"The leadership and management skills and competencies needed to lead an academic library are not always limited to domain-based expertise developed in graduate school and hon…more
- The Cambridge companion to natural law ethicsGet This Now!
Natural law ethics centres on the idea that ethical norms derive from human nature. The field has seen a remarkable revival since the millennium, with new work in Aristotelian…more