- Creating things that matter: the art & science of innovations that lastGet This Now!
Art and science are famous opposites. Contemporary innovation mostly keeps them far apart. But in this book, David Edwards--world-renowned inventor; Harvard professor of the p…more
- Things we couldn't sayGet This Now!
Things we couldn't say is the true story of Diet [pronounced Deet] Eman, a young Dutch woman who, with her fiance, Hein Sietsma, risked everything to rescue Jews imperiled by …more
- Sender: a playGet This Now!
- Kids these days: human capital and the making of millennialsGet This Now!
"A Millennial's groundbreaking investigation into why his generation is economically worse off than their parents, creating a radical and devastating portrait of what it means…more
- Mindfulness meditations for the anxious traveler: quick exercises to calm your mindGet This Now!
- Teaching gender and sexuality at school: letters to teachersGet This Now!
"In a set of compelling letters to teachers, Tara Goldstein addresses a full range of issues facing students and families across the LGBTQ spectrum at elementary and secondary…more
- Twenty-first-century Hollywood: rebooting the systemGet This Now!
- Latinx studies: the key conceptsGet This Now!
Latinx Studies: The Key Concepts is an accessible guide to the central concepts and issues that inform Latinx Studies globally. It summarizes, explains, contextualizes, and as…more
- Five pillars of the mind: redesigning education to suit the brainGet This Now!
A review of the research on brain networks reveals, surprisingly, that there are just five basic pillars through which all learning takes place: Symbols, Patterns, Order, Cate…more
- First-generation college student experiences of intersecting marginalitiesGet This Now!
"First-generation college students, intersections of marginality, identity, narrative, ethnic and racial minority college students, mental health and college students, LGBTQ f…more
- Educating for wisdom in the 21st centuryGet This Now!
"Contemporary higher education is in the midst of undeniable challenge and transformation. The cost of a college degree continues to increase by leaps and bounds as many stude…more
- Distrust and educational change: overcoming barriers to just and lasting reformGet This Now!
The book is an analysis of the role of distrust in undermining education reform.--