- Fires of life: endothermy in birds and mammalsGet This Now!
This pioneering work investigates why endothermy, or "warm-bloodedness," evolved in birds and mammals, despite its enormous energetic costs. Arguing that single-cause hypothes…more
- The war on normal people: the truth about America's disappearing jobs and why universal basic income is our futureGet This Now!
"From entrepreneur Andrew Yang, the founder of Venture for America, an eye-opening look at how new technologies are erasing millions of jobs before our eyes--and a rallying cr…more
- Tiny habits: + the small changes that change everythingGet This Now!
"The world's leading expert on habit formation shows how you can have a happier, healthier life: by starting small"--
- Becoming a library leader: seven stages of leadership development for academic librariansGet This Now!
In three parts--Library Organizations and Academic Culture, The Seven Stages of Leadership Development, and Cultural Intelligence and Global Leadership--Becoming a Library Lea…more
- Afrofuturism rising: the literary prehistory of a movementGet This Now!
"Explores afrofuturism as a narrative practice by applying it to canonical African American literary texts by Wheatley, Walker, Douglass, Jacobs, Delany, Hopkins, Hurston, and…more
- Sport and Christianity: practices for the twenty-first centuryGet This Now!
"Many people are passionate about sports, yet few give much thought to its role and importance in their lives -- let alone its relationship to their faith. This book explores …more
- The powers of sound and song in early modern ParisGet This Now!
"An interpretation of early modern Paris demonstrating that sound was as important as vision during the reign of Louis XIV. Discloses myriad ways in which sound generated an i…more
- The Oxford handbook of preservice music teacher education in the United StatesGet This Now!
The Oxford Handbook of Preservice Music Teacher Education in the United States identifies the critical need for change in Pre-K-12 music education. Collectively, the handbook'…more
- The evolutionary biology of speciesGet This Now!
Presents a synthetic overview of the evolutionary biology of species, incorporating their nature, origins, proliferation, and consequences.
- Good enough to eat?: next generation GM cropsGet This Now!
Including interviews from both sides of the (farmyard) fence; from biologists to farmers and nutritionists to activists, Good Enough to Eat? charts the history of GM foods fro…more
- Why humans matter more than everGet This Now!
- Rediscovering Korean cinemaGet This Now!
"South Korean cinema is a striking example of non-Western contemporary cinematic success. Thanks to the increasing numbers of moviegoers and domestic films produced, South Kor…more