- The importance of play in early childhood education: psychoanalytic, attachment, and developmental perspectivesGet This Now!
- Josephine Baker and Katherine Dunham: dances in literature and cinemaGet This Now!
"This project examines the writings and international film careers of Josephine Baker (1906-1975) and Katherine Dunham (1909-2006), the two most critically and commercially su…more
- The long southern strategy: how chasing white voters in the South changed American politicsGet This Now!
- The weather machine: a journey inside the forecastGet This Now!
"From the acclaimed author of Tubes, a lively and surprising tour of the infrastructure behind the weather forecast, the people who built it, and what it reveals about our cli…more
- A good American family: the Red Scare and my fatherGet This Now!
"A personal story of the author's father's involvement in HUAC that offers a rich portrait of McCarthy era America"--
- Shortest way home: one mayor's challenge and a model for America's futureGet This Now!
Once described by the Washington Post as "the most interesting mayor you've never heard of," Pete Buttigieg, the thirty-six-year-old Democratic mayor of South Bend, Indiana, h…more
- The politics of religion, nationalism, and identity in AsiaGet This Now!
"This comprehensive book provides a comparative analysis of religious nationalism in globalized Asia. Exploring the nexus of religion, identity, and nationalism, Kingston asse…more
- A life in a sea of red: photojournalismGet This Now!
This book contains the two most important bodies of work by Pulitzer-Prize-winning photojournalist Liu Heung Shing: photos of the pivotal decades of Communism in China and Rus…more
- Pride & joy: LGBTQ artists, icons and everyday heroesGet This Now!
"Stories that comprise the best of LGBT history - Pride and Joy: LGBTQ Artists, Icons and Everyday Heroes tells the stories of queer citizens of the world living OUT and proud…more
- Wondrously wounded: theology, disability, and the body of ChristGet This Now!
- The Chinese lady: Afong Moy in early AmericaGet This Now!
"In 1834, a Chinese woman named Afong Moy arrived in America as both a prized guest and advertisement for a merchant firm--a promotional curiosity and celebrity used to peddle…more
- How to read the Constitution and whyGet This Now!
"The Constitution is the most significant document in America. But do you fully understand what this valuable document means to you? In How to Read the Constitution--and Why, …more