- An instinct for truth: curiosity and the moral character of scienceGet This Now!
Exemplary scientists have a characteristic way of viewing the world and their work: their mindset and methods all aim at discovering truths about nature. In An Instinct for Tr…more
- Geomagnetism, aeronomy, and space weather: a journey from the Earth's core to the sunGet This Now!
- Explaining the future: how to research, analyze, and report on emerging technologiesGet This Now!
"Will this new technology work to solve the problem its inventors claim it will? Is it likely to succeed? What is the right technical solution for a particular problem? Can we…more
- The North American model of wildlife conservationGet This Now!
- Society and climate: transformations and challengesGet This Now!
- From Garfield to Harding: the success of midwestern front porch campaignsGet This Now!
"In 1880, James Garfield faced an important question as a presidential candidate--should he stump for office and stay quiet like most 19th Century contestants, or try somethin…more
- Off-white: yellowface and chinglish by Anglo-American cultureGet This Now!
"How do English-speaking novelists and filmmakers tell stories of China from a Chinese perspective? How do they keep up appearances of pseudo-Sino immanence while ventriloquiz…more
- Novacene: the coming age of hyperintelligenceGet This Now!
"The originator of the Gaia theory offers the vision of a future epoch in which humans and artificial intelligence together will help the Earth survive. James Lovelock, creato…more
- Conceptual developments of 20th century field theoriesGet This Now!
"As an important component of culture, a conception of the physical world involves a model of the constitution and workings of nature, and includes assumptions about the mecha…more
- Golden rice: the imperiled birth of a GMO superfoodGet This Now!
"Ordinary white rice is nutrient poor, it consists of carbohydrates and little else. About one million people who subsist on rice become blind or die each year from vitamin A…more
- Augustine on the will: a theological accountGet This Now!
"By analyzing a variety of texts from across Augustine's career, Augustine on the Will: A Theological Account traces the development of Augustine's thinking on the human will.…more
- Altered inheritance: CRISPR and the ethics of human genome editingGet This Now!
"With the advent of CRISPR gene-editing technology, designer babies have become a reality. Françoise Baylis insists that scientists alone cannot decide the terms of this new…more