- Latin American Marxisms in context: past and presentGet This Now!
- Politics & society in the contemporary Middle EastGet This Now!
A cutting-edge, accessible examination of the domestic politics of the contemporary Middle East.
- Baltimore revisited: stories of inequality and resistance in a U.S. cityGet This Now!
"Nicknamed both "Mobtown" and "Charm City" and located on the border of the North and South, Baltimore is a city of contradictions. From media depictions in The Wire to the re…more
- Opera after the zero hour: the problem of tradition and the possibility of renewal in postwar West GermanyGet This Now!
- A critical decade: China's foreign policy (2008-2018)Get This Now!
- Empire of borders: the expansion of the US border around the worldGet This Now!
"The twenty-first century has been an era of hardening borders--increased borderland patrols, surveillance and militarization are widening the chasm between those who can vaca…more
- TumachoGet This Now!
In a small town in the Old West, the mayor can't keep his people from running away or dying at the hands of the local brute. And just when things can't get any worse, an omen …more
- Everybody's doin' it: sex, music, and dance in New York, 1840-1917Get This Now!
Everybody's Doin' It is the eye-opening story of popular music's seventy-year rise in the brothels, dance halls, and dives of New York City. It traces the birth of popular mus…more
- Handbook of the psychology of religion and spiritualityGet This Now!
Paloutzian (experimental and social psychology, Westmont College) and Park (psychology, U. of Connecticut) provide a 33-chapter handbook on the psychology of religion and spir…more
- Hezbollah: mobilisation and powerGet This Now!
Drawing on first-hand interviews with rank and file members of Hezbollah, the author illuminates the inner workings of this Islamist terrorist group.
- DominicanaGet This Now!
Fifteen-year-old Ana Canción never dreamed of moving to America, the way the girls she grew up with in the Dominican countryside did. But when Juan Ruiz proposes and promise…more
- Searching for Sunday: loving, leaving, and finding the ChurchGet This Now!
"For a generation that has largely said, "count me out," church represents a complicated relationship of both longing and apathy. There's a history there- a past full of confu…more