- The history of rock & rollGet This Now!
Ward covers the history of rock & roll in a two-volume narrative. The first volume covers from the 1920s, when the music of rambling medicine shows mingled with the songs of v…more
- Video games have always been queerGet This Now!
"While popular discussions about queerness in video games often focus on big-name, mainstream games that feature LGBTQ characters, like Mass Effect or Dragon Age, Bonnie Ruber…more
- Best practices for chemistry REU programsGet This Now!
Information about successful National Science Foundation-sponsored Chemistry Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) programs.
- Animal labor: a new perspective on human-animal relationsGet This Now!
- Wading right in: discovering the nature of wetlandsGet This Now!
- Ungendering technology: women retooling the masculine sphereGet This Now!
"This book offers fresh insight into women's mastery of technologies commonly associated with men and the important implications for institutional efforts to attract women and…more
- The Routledge handbook of disability activismGet This Now!
"The onslaught of neoliberalism, austerity measures and cuts, impact of climate change, protracted conflicts and ongoing refugee crisis, rise of far right and populist movemen…more
- Agency, lonliness, and the female protagonist in the Victorian novelGet This Now!
Many female Victorian-era heroines find themselves expressing a form of loneliness directly connected to their lack of agency. Loneliness is defined by a lack, and it is this …more
- Ze French do it better: a lifestyle guideGet This Now!
In all areas-from fashion to cuisine to the art of seduction-the French reign supreme in their ability to enjoy life to the fullest. So why do we love to hate the French, yet …more
- Twilight of the hemlocks and beechesGet This Now!
"A photographic essay and narrative documenting the value, ecology, and importance of hemlock and beech trees in eastern North America. Describes the pests and pathogens that …more
- Tennessee Williams in Sweden and France, 1945-1965: cultural translations, sexual anxieties and racial fantasiesGet This Now!
Dirk Gindt's ... book offers valuable new insights into the broader impact of Williams' oeuvre from an interdisciplinary perspective that engages the complexities involved in …more
- Making Black scientists: a call to actionGet This Now!
Educators, research scientists, and college administrators have all called for a new commitment to diversity in the sciences, but most universities struggle to truly support b…more