- The Korean Buddhist empire: a transnational history (1910-1945)Get This Now!
"Highlights the centrality of transnational relationships in the transformation of colonial Korean Buddhism in the early twentieth century. While Japanese Buddhism exerted the…more
- Feminist approaches to media theory and researchGet This Now!
Feminist Approaches to Media Theory and Research tackles the breadth and depth of feminist perspectives in the field of media studies through essays and research that reflect …more
- Body, society, and nation: the creation of public health and urban culture in ShanghaiGet This Now!
"Considers China's modern transformation through the idea of "good health" as it evolved in late nineteenth- and twentieth-century Shanghai. "Good health" did not simply mean …more
- Big game: the NFL in dangerous timesGet This Now!
The "New York Times Magazine" chief national correspondent and lifelong Patriots fan presents a scathing analysis of professional football in the present climate of high succe…more
- A clockwork orange: authoritative text, backgrounds and contexts criticismGet This Now!
A disturbing tale about good and evil and the meaning of human freedom, A Clockwork Orange has become a modern classic since its publication in 1962. Anthony Burgess's hero, t…more
- Why does patriarchy persist?Get This Now!
The election of an unabashedly patriarchal man as US President was a shock for many: despite decades of activism on gender inequalities and equal rights, how could it come to …more
- Judson Dance Theater: the work is never doneGet This Now!
Taking its name from the Judson Memorial Church, a socially engaged Protestant congregation in New York's Greenwich Village, Judson Dance Theater was organized as a series of …more
- The quest of the holy grail: from the Old French Lancelot-Grail cycleGet This Now!
The Old French Lancelot-Graal is an important but massive work, providing a place for King Arthur not only in the history of Britain but also in Christian history. This new tr…more
- The oracles of God: an introduction to the preaching of John CalvinGet This Now!
- Out of step: a memoirGet This Now!
"A queer coming-of-age-story set against the backdrop of the U.S. military during the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" era, this memoir recounts what it was like for a punk, nerdy, lef…more
- Gospel figures in artGet This Now!
In viewing the great works of sacred Western art, many people find difficulty in understanding the stories and identifying the figures portrayed in them. This informative guid…more
- Language assessment for classroom teachersGet This Now!