- Student engagement techniques: a handbook for college facultyGet This Now!
From the Publisher: Keeping students involved, motivated, and actively learning is challenging educators across the country, yet good advice on how to accomplish this has not …more
- Professional CUDA® C programmingGet This Now!
Break into the powerful world of parallel GPU programming with this down-to-earth, practical guide Designed for professionals across multiple industrial sectors, Professio…more
- The Yale edition of the works of Samuel Johnson.Get This Now!
"Although Samuel Johnson is recognized as the central English literary figure of the second half of the 18th century, and the period is often referred to as "The Age of Johnso…more
- Comics in contemporary Arab culture: politics, language and resistanceGet This Now!
- The Tubman command: a novelGet This Now!
Harriet Tubman was a scout for the union army and led a successful raid up the Combahee River in South Carolina that freed 750 men, women, and children. This is the historical…more
- Algorithms unlockedGet This Now!
"This book offers an engagingly written guide to the basics of computer algorithms. In Algorithms Unlocked, Thomas Cormen- coauthor of the leading college textbook on the subj…more
- Algorithmic puzzlesGet This Now!
While many think of algorithms as specific to computer science, at its core algorithmic thinking is defined by the use of analytical logic to solve problems. This logic extend…more
- Academic excellence: the role of research in the physical sciences at undergraduate institutionsGet This Now!
- Infinity and the mind: the science and philosophy of the infiniteGet This Now!
Publisher description: In Infinity and the Mind, Rudy Rucker leads an excursion to that stretch of the universe he calls the "Mindscape," where he explores infinity in all its…more
- Doing justice: a prosecutor's thoughts on crime, punishment, and the rule of lawGet This Now!
The former United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York recounts captivating tales of true crime from his years atop the most storied prosecutor's office in th…more
- Them: why we hate each other--and how to healGet This Now!
Presents an assessment of the existential crisis in modern America that explores how increasing social isolation and the collapse of traditional community connections lead to …more
- Never enough: the neuroscience and experience of addictionGet This Now!
"Addiction is epidemic and catastrophic. With more than one in every five people over the age of fourteen addicted, drug abuse has been called the most formidable health probl…more