- Electoral integrity in America: securing democracyGet This Now!
"Concern about the integrity of American elections did not start with Trump's election, by any means; flaws in procedures have gradually grown during recent decades, initially…more
- Educational inequality and school finance: why money matters for America's studentsGet This Now!
In Educational Inequality and School Finance, Bruce Baker, a scholar of education finance and the economics of education, offers a comprehensive examination of how U.S. public…more
- Disciplinary literacy in action: how to create and sustain a school-wide culture of deep reading, writing, and thinkingGet This Now!
What happens when middle and high school teachers who know their content very well are told they should be teaching reading and writing too? Is there a bit of resistance? A de…more
- Combat zone: the continuing war against the public schoolsGet This Now!
"This book treats this war as part of an extensive social movement that is conducting wars also against government and science, as well as against women, immigrants, the poor …more
- Balcony over JerusalemGet This Now!
A gripping memoir of life in Jerusalem from one of Australia's most experienced Middle East correspondents. Leading Australian journalist John Lyons will take readers on a fas…more
- The migrant passage: clandestine journeys from Central AmericaGet This Now!
"Traces the improvised survival strategies of migrants during their clandestine journeys from Central America and explores the implications of these improvisations for the fut…more
- Appreciating dance: a guide to the world's liveliest artGet This Now!
"Appreciating Dance is a thorough and accurate history of various forms of dance, analyzing everything from social dance, and ballet to modern dance, tap, jazz, theatrical dan…more
- Painting for the gods: art and aesthetics of Yoruba religious muralsGet This Now!
- Imperial twilight: the opium war and the end of China's last golden ageGet This Now!
When Britain declared war on China in 1839, it sealed the fate of what had been, for centuries, the wealthiest and most powerful empire in the world.China was much weaker than…more
- René Girard and the nonviolent GodGet This Now!
In his latest book on the ground-breaking work of René Girard (1923-2015), Scott Cowdell sets out a new perspective on mimetic theory and theology: he develops the proposed …more
- Octopus, squid & cuttlefish: a visual, scientific guide to the oceans' most advanced invertebratesGet This Now!
"Largely shell-less relatives of clams and snails, the marine mollusks in the class Cephalopoda--Greek for head-foot --are colorful creatures of many-armed dexterity, often in…more
- Let her fly: a father's journeyGet This Now!
"A moving and inspirational story with a deeply personal look into the Yousafzai family, "Let her fly" traces Ziauddin Yousafzai's life journey. From an unconfident, stammeri…more