- Waters of the world: the story of the scientists who unraveled the mysteries of our oceans, atmosphere, and ice sheets and made the planet wholeGet This Now!
From the glaciers of the Alps to the towering cumulonimbus clouds of the Caribbean and the unexpectedly chaotic flows of the North Atlantic, Waters of the World is a tour thro…more
- Visualizing taste: how business changed the look of what you eatGet This Now!
Visualizing Taste explores transformations in what Americans conceived as a "natural color" of food between the 1870s and 1970s. It analyzes the role of business in creating t…more
- Cannabis in the ancient Greek and Roman worldGet This Now!
Cannabis in the Ancient Greek and Roman World surveys the primary references to cannabis in ancient Greek and Roman texts and covers emerging scholarship in the field. Ancient…more
- Blue marble evaluation: premises and principlesGet This Now!
"Taking a Blue Marble evaluation perspective means viewing the world holistically. It begins with watching for, making sense of, and interpreting the implications of things th…more
- The triumph of the moon: a history of modern pagan witchcraftGet This Now!
"This is the second, and extensively revised, edition of the first full-scale scholarly study of what is arguably the only fully-formed religion that England has ever given th…more
- The eight master lessons of nature: what nature teaches us about living well in the worldGet This Now!
"A riveting manifesto for the millions of people who long to forge a more vital, meaningful connection to the natural world to live a better, more fulfilling life. Looking aro…more
- Stem cellsGet This Now!
"This accessibly written book explores the different types of stem cells, their current and potential future medical applications, and the many controversies that surround the…more
- Creative confidence: unleashing the creative potential within us allGet This Now!
"IDEO founder and Stanford d.school creator David Kelley and his brother Tom Kelley, IDEO partner and the author of the bestselling The Art of Innovation, have written a power…more
- Gringo injustice: insider perspectives on police, gangs, and lawGet This Now!
The recent mass shooting of 22 innocent people in El Paso by a lone White gunman looking to "Kill Mexicans" is not new. It is part of a long, bloody history of anti-Latina/o v…more
- The gospel of climate skepticism: why evangelical Christians oppose action on climate changeGet This Now!
"Why are white evangelicals the most skeptical major religious group in America regarding climate change? Previous scholarship pointed to factors such as conservative politics…more
- Freshwater microbiology: perspectives of bacterial dynamics in lake ecosystemsGet This Now!
"Freshwater Microbiology: Perspectives of Bacterial Dynamics in Lake Ecosystems provides a comprehensive and systematic analysis of microbial ecology in lakes. It offers basic…more
- Future foods: how modern science is transforming the way we eatGet This Now!
We are in the midst of an unprecedented era of rapid scientific and technological advances that are transforming the way our foods are produced and consumed. Some of the ques…more