- Arabic Christian theology: a contemporary global evangelical perspectiveGet This Now!
Theology does not exist in a vacuum. Our theology is influenced by the culture in which we live, yet it can have unexpected effects on the lives of Christians who live thousan…more
- School shootings and the Never Again MovementGet This Now!
This volume provides a concise but authoritative overview of the Never Again Movement, which arose in the aftermath of a mass shooting that killed 17 people at a high school i…more
- The second mountain: the quest for a moral lifeGet This Now!
Conservative columnist David Brooks explores the four commitments that define a life of meaning and purpose: to a spouse and family, to a vocation, to a philosophy or faith, a…more
- The social fact: news and knowledge in a networked worldGet This Now!
- Protestant nation: the fragile Christian roots of America's greatnessGet This Now!
Alain Besançon's studies, over decades, on Russia, France, Islam, and art have convinced him that "that nothing is comprehensible if one neglects the religious choices that…more
- Flash: the making of Weegee the FamousGet This Now!
Arthur Fellig-- Weegee-- documented crime scenes better than any other photographer. While documenting the crime, grit, and complex humanity of midcentury New York City, he li…more
- Beyond blood oil: philosophy, policy, and the futureGet This Now!
- Whiteshift: populism, immigration and the future of white majoritiesGet This Now!
This is the century of whiteshift. As Western societies are becoming increasingly mixed-race, demographic change is transforming politics. Over half of American babies are non…more
- King and the other America: the Poor People's Campaign and the quest for economic equalityGet This Now!
"Shortly before his assassination, Martin Luther King, Jr. called for a radical redistribution of economic and political power to transform the whole of society. A neglected a…more
- Solitary: unbroken by four decades in solitary confinement. My story of transformation and hopeGet This Now!
"[This] is the unforgettable life story of a man who served more than four decades in solitary confinement--in a 6-foot by 9-foot cell, 23 hours a day, in notorious Angola pri…more
- Singapore: a modern historyGet This Now!
"Singapore gained independence in 1965, a city-state in a world of nation-states. Yet its long and complex history reaches much farther back. Blending modernity and tradition,…more
- Hillbilly elegy: a memoir of a family and culture in crisisGet This Now!
"Hillbilly Elegy is a passionate and personal analysis of a culture in crisis--that of poor, white Americans. The disintegration of this group, a process that has been slowly …more