- Performing emotions in early EuropeGet This Now!
Drawing on a range of interdisciplinary approaches and innovative methodologies, this collection contributes ground-breaking new scholarship in the burgeoning field of emotion…more
- Ten Caesars: Roman Emperors from Augustus to ConstantineGet This Now!
"Best-selling historian and classicist Barry Strauss tells the story of the rise and fall of the Roman Empire through the lives of ten of its most important emperors, from Aug…more
- Pugnacious Puritans: seventeenth-century Hadley and New EnglandGet This Now!
"This study examines colonial New England and its place in the wider context of British colonialism in North America. The author uses a series of episodes in the history of Ha…more
- The selected works of Edward Said, 1966-2006Get This Now!
Presents key selections from the works of Edward Said.
- Plays.Get This Now!
- Philosophy in the Roman Empire: ethics, politics and societyGet This Now!
- Department stores and the black freedom movement: workers, consumers, and civil rights from the 1930s to the 1980sGet This Now!
"Traci Parker examines the movement to racially integrate white-collar work and consumption in American department stores and its neglected role in the mid-twentieth century b…more
- Soul force: seven pivots toward courage, community, and changeGet This Now!
- It is beautiful-- then goneGet This Now!
"Martin Venezky is not your typical point-and-click designer. While he is adept at operating a mouse, he is just as comfortable cutting and pasting type from old books, collag…more
- Approaches to teaching the works of Christine de PizanGet This Now!
- Spinoza and other hereticsGet This Now!
- The courtier and the heretic: Leibniz, Spinoza, and the fate of God in the modern worldGet This Now!
Philosophy in the late seventeenth century was a dangerous business. No careerist could afford to side with the reclusive philosopher and "atheist Jew" Spinoza. Yet the ambiti…more