- Beyond the pink tide: art and political undercurrents in the AmericasGet This Now!
"Beyond the Pink Tide considers a wave of artistic and curatorial efforts and social movements that refuse national borders in an effort to think hemispherically. In modeling …more
- Between breathsGet This Now!
"Jon Lien was once a respected researcher and a risk-taker, swimming into dangerous waters to save whales and the fishing gear they were trapped in. But now Jon's confined to …more
- Before projection: video sculpture 1974-1995Get This Now!
This book shines a spotlight on a body of work in the history of video art that has been largely overlooked since its inception. The exhibition explores connections between ou…more
- Being human: bodies, minds, personsGet This Now!
What is consciousness? Is the mind a machine? What makes us persons? How can we find the path to human maturity? These are among the fundamental questions that Rowan Williams …more
- Baseball and American culture: a historyGet This Now!
"This book provides a general history of baseball that connects developments in the sport with key themes in American history. Following each chapter are important readings th…more
- At the interface of transactional analysis, psychoanalysis, and body psychotherapy: clinical and theoretical perspectivesGet This Now!
- Everything is connected: art and conspiracyGet This Now!
"For the last fifty years, artists have explored the hidden operations of power and the symbiotic suspicion between the government and its citizens that haunts Western democra…more
- The end of landscape in nineteenth-century AmericaGet This Now!
"The End of Landscape in Nineteenth-Century America examines the dissolution of landscape painting in the late nineteenth-century United States. Focusing on the unorthodox art…more
- Bruce Nauman: disappearing actsGet This Now!
Bruce Nauman is widely acknowledged as a central figure in contemporary art, and the stringent questioning of values --both aesthetic and moral-- that has long sustained his p…more
- Belonging: a German reckons with home and historyGet This Now!
"A revelatory, visually stunning graphic memoir by award-winning artist Nora Krug, telling the story of her attempt to confront the hidden truths of her family's wartime past …more
- Stephen ShoreGet This Now!
One of the most influential photographers of our time, Stephen Shore has often been categorized as one of a group of artists of the 1970s who captured American popular culture…more
- Win-win: how international trade can help meet the sustainable development goalsGet This Now!