- Paris on the brink: the 1930s Paris of Jean Renoir, Salvador Dalí, Simone de Beauvoir, André Gide, Sylvia Beach, Léon Blum, and their friendsGet This Now!
"Vividly portrays the City of Light during the tumultuous 1930s. The decade was marked by violence at home and the rise of Hitler abroad, even as glamour prevailed in fashion …more
- The most dangerous branch: inside the Supreme Court's assault on the ConstitutionGet This Now!
"Taking us inside the secret world of the Supreme Court, [this book] is an incisive look at how the justices undermine the rule of the other branches of government--and how we…more
- Hyperfocus: how to be more productive in a world of distractionGet This Now!
"A practical guide to managing your attention--the most powerful resource you have to get stuff done, become more creative, and live a meaningful life Our attention has never …more
- How dictatorships work: power, personalization, and collapseGet This Now!
- Home, I'm darlingGet This Now!
How happily married are the happily married? Every marriage needs a little fantasy to keep it sparkling. But behind the gingham curtains, being a domestic goddess isn't as ea…more
- The heart of the race: Black women's lives in BritainGet This Now!
Heart of the Race is a powerful corrective to a version of Britain's history from which black women have long been excluded. It reclaims and records black women's place in tha…more
- How to read Islamic calligraphyGet This Now!
- Graphic style: from Victorian to hipsterGet This Now!
"This visual survey of graphic design styles through the ages is an essential resource for designers, art and design students, and art lovers. With more than 700 illustrations…more
- If I survive: Frederick Douglass and family in the Walter O. Evans collection : a 200 year anniversaryGet This Now!
- The ethics of special educationGet This Now!
- Coming out of communism: the emergence of LGBT activism in Eastern EuropeGet This Now!
- Brown beauty: color, sex, and race from the Harlem Renaissance to World War IIGet This Now!
"Laila Haidarali's "Brown Beauty: Color, Sex, and Race from the Harlem Renaissance to World War II" is a critical study of racial issues and specifically the meanings of the w…more