- Scripture, ethics, and the possibility of same-sex relationshipsGet This Now!
When it comes to same-sex relationships, this book by Karen Keen contains the most thoughtful, balanced, biblically grounded discussion you're likely to encounter anywhere. Wi…more
- Them: why we hate each other--and how to healGet This Now!
Presents an assessment of the existential crisis in modern America that explores how increasing social isolation and the collapse of traditional community connections lead to …more
- Andrew Jackson and the miracle of New Orleans: the battle that shaped America's destinyGet This Now!
The War of 1812 saw America threatened on every side. Encouraged by the British, Indian tribes attacked settlers in the West, while the Royal Navy terrorized the coasts. By mi…more
- Hope and other superpowers: a life affirming, love-defending, butt-kicking, world-saving manifestoGet This Now!
Overwhelmed by the news cycle and the state of affairs in our world? Pastor, blogger, and powerful voice in the Resistance, John Pavlovitz has the answer: this rousing and ins…more
- Black female vampires in African American women's novels, 1977-2011: she bites backGet This Now!
- Let's go (so we can get back): a memoir of recording and discording with Wilco, etc.Get This Now!
Wilco singer/songwriter Jeff Tweedy tells stories about his childhood in Belleville, Illinois; the St. Louis record store, rock clubs, and live-music circuit that sparked his …more
- Selling the movie: the art of the film posterGet This Now!
- The three escapes of Hannah Arendt: a tyranny of truthGet This Now!
"One of the greatest philosophers of the twentieth century and a hero of political thought, the largely unsung and often misunderstood Hannah Arendt is best known for her land…more
- The Nordic theory of everything: in search of a better lifeGet This Now!
- The Finnish way: finding courage, wellness, and happiness through the power of sisuGet This Now!
"An engaging and practical guided tour of the simple and nature-inspired ways that Finns stay happy and healthy--including the powerful concept of sisu, or everyday courage Fo…more
- Remember it!: the names of people you meet, all of your passwords, where you left your keys, and everything else you tend to forgetGet This Now!
"Throughout his research into memory theory, Nelson Dellis found existing memory improvement guides to be wanting--overcomplicated, dry, and stodgy. So he decided to write a b…more
- Beastie Boys bookGet This Now!
Formed as a New York City hardcore band in 1981, Beastie Boys struck an unlikely path to global hip hop superstardom. Here is their story, told for the first time in the words…more