- The politics of losing: Trump, the Klan, and the mainstreaming of resentmentGet This Now!
The Ku Klux Klan has peaked three times in American history: after the Civil War, around the 1960s Civil Rights Movement, and in the 1920s, when the Klan spread farthest and f…more
- Imagining world order: literature and international law in early modern Europe, 1500-1800Get This Now!
"In early modern Europe, international law emerged as a means of governing relations between rapidly consolidating sovereign states, purporting to establish a normative order …more
- Global responses to conflict and crisis in Syria and YemenGet This Now!
"This book compares different international responses to the internal conflicts in Syria and Yemen through an examination of the coverage each conflict has received in the med…more
- Performance and religion in early modern England: stage, cathedral, wagon, streetGet This Now!
- Every nation has its dish: black bodies and black food in twentieth-century AmericaGet This Now!
Jennifer Jensen Wallach's nuanced history of black foodways across the twentieth century challenges traditional narratives of "soul food" as a singular style of historical Afr…more
- China's cyber warfare: the evolution of strategic doctrineGet This Now!
"Chinese government policies have drawn international criticisms including persistent allegations of online espionage, domestic Internet censorship, and an increased military …more
- Knowing our faith: a guide for believers, seekers, and Christian communitiesGet This Now!
In Knowing Our Faith Justo González introduces the Christian faith in direct, contemporary language that does not assume prior knowledge. While recognizing the existence of …more
- Contemporary Russian politics: an introductionGet This Now!
"In this innovative new book, Neil Robinson places contemporary Russian politics in historical perspective to argue that Putin's regime has not overcome the problems that unde…more
- Medieval sensibilities: a history of emotions in the Middle AgesGet This Now!
What do we know of the emotional life of the Middle Ages? Though a long-neglected subject, a myriad of sources provides clues to the central role emotions played in medieval s…more
- Netflix nations: the geography of digital distributionGet This Now!
How streaming services and internet distribution have transformed global television culture. Television, once a broadcast medium, now also travels through our telephone lines,…more
- Constructing empire: the Japanese in Changchun, 1905-45Get This Now!
While diplomats and soldiers may carve out empires, civilians also play a crucial role in building nation-states. Constructing Empire shows how planners, architects, and civil…more
- Daughters in the Hebrew BibleGet This Now!
"Combining philological data, social-science models, and cross-cultural comparisons, Russaw examines the systems that constrict biblical daughters and the strategies they empl…more