- The Rig Veda: an anthology : one hundred and eight hymnsGet This Now!
The earliest of the four Hindu religious scriptures known as the Vedas, and the first extensive composition to survive in any Indo-European language, the Rig Veda (c. 1200-900…more
- Many Rāmāyaṇas: the diversity of a narrative tradition in South AsiaGet This Now!
Throughout Indian history, many authors and performers have produced, and many patrons have supported, diverse tellings of the story of the exiled prince Rama, who rescues his…more
- The MahābhārataGet This Now!
"A new selection from the national epic of India. Originally composed in Sanskrit sometime between 400 BC and 400 AD, The Mahabharata--with one hundred thousand stanzas of ver…more
- This is the way the world ends: how droughts and die-offs, heat waves and hurricanes are converging on AmericaGet This Now!
"The world itself won't end, of course. Only ours will: our livelihoods, our homes, our cultures. And we're squarely at the tipping point. Longer droughts in the Middle East a…more
- Knock on wood: luck, chance, and the meaning of everythingGet This Now!
A lighthearted, entertaining and fateful exploration of luck in everyday life.
- Faith formation in a secular age: responding to the church's obsession with youthfulnessGet This Now!
The loss or disaffiliation of young adults is a much-discussed topic in churches today. Many faith-formation programs focus on keeping the young, believing the youthful spirit…more
- Timefulness: how thinking like a geologist can help save the worldGet This Now!
Explains why an awareness of Earth's temporal rhythms is critical to planetary survival and offers suggestions for how to create a more time-literate society.
- Intersectionality in action: a guide for faculty and campus leaders for creating inclusive classroomsGet This Now!
- Goddesses and monsters: women, myth, power, and popular cultureGet This Now!
- The fire now: anti-racist scholarship in times of explicit racial violenceGet This Now!
Not so long ago, many spoke of a 'post-racial' era, claiming that advances made by people of colour showed that racial divisions were becoming a thing of the past. But the hol…more
- The tangled tree: a radical new history of lifeGet This Now!
"Nonpareil science writer David Quammen explains how recent discoveries in molecular biology can change our understanding of evolution and life's history, with powerful implic…more
- The politics of petulance: America in an age of immaturityGet This Now!
How did we get into this mess? Every morning, many Americans ask this as, with a cringe, they pick up their phones and look to see what terrible thing President Trump has just…more