- The general theory and Keynes for the 21st centuryGet This Now!
This book is devoted to examining the lasting impact of The General Theory and Keynes's thought on macroeconomic theory, methodology and its relevance for understanding the fi…more
- Einstein's shadow: a black hole, a band of astronomers, and the quest to see the unseeableGet This Now!
Traces the efforts of an elite scientific team who tested Einstein's theory of relativity during a historic mission to photograph a black hole, addressing key questions about …more
- How plants work: form, diversity, survivalGet This Now!
"All the plants around us today are descended from simple algae that emerged more than 500 million years ago. While new plant species are still being discovered, it is thought…more
- The classical music lover's companion to orchestral musicGet This Now!
Robert Philip, scholar, broadcaster, and musician, has compiled an essential handbook for lovers of classical music, designed to enhance their listening experience to the full…more
- The beautiful cure: the revolution in immunology and what it means for your healthGet This Now!
- Vietnam: an epic tragedy, 1945-1975Get This Now!
"Vietnam became the Western world's most divisive modern conflict, precipitating a battlefield humiliation for France in 1954, then a vastly greater one for the United States …more
- Nasty women and bad hombres: gender and race in the 2016 US presidential electionGet This Now!
- Bonhoeffer as youth worker: a theological vision for discipleship and life togetherGet This Now!
The youth ministry focus of Dietrich Bonhoeffer's life is often forgotten or overlooked, even though he did much work with young people and wrote a number of papers, sermons, …more
- Divine currency: the theological power of money in the WestGet This Now!
This book reveals how economic ideas structured early Christian thought and society, giving crucial insight into why money holds such sway in the West. Examining the religious…more
- Why are all the black kids sitting together in the cafeteria?: and other conversations about raceGet This Now!
"The classic, bestselling book on the psychology of racism-now fully revised and updated. Walk into any racially mixed high school and you will see Black, White, and Latino yo…more
- UpaniṣadsGet This Now!
Presents the first major English translation of the ancient Upaniṣads in over half a century. Includes an introduction and note on the translation by the translator, a guide…more
- Sin, grace and free will: a historical survey of Christian thoughtGet This Now!
In this first volume of Sin, Grace and Free Will, Matthew Knell embarks on a journey through centuries of Christian thought, from the Apostolic Fathers to St Augustine of Hipp…more