- On political obligationGet This Now!
- Maximum feasible participation: American literature and the war on povertyGet This Now!
- Heavy: an American memoirGet This Now!
"Laymon writes eloquently and honestly about the physical manifestations of violence, grief, trauma, and abuse on his own body. He writes of his own eating disorder and gambli…more
- Deification in the Latin patristic traditionGet This Now!
"Contributors to this volume refute the widely held perception that the doctrine of deification primarily belonged in the Eastern Church, and that the Western Church reduced t…more
- Ctrl Alt Delete: how politics and the media crashed our democracyGet This Now!
Timely look at the media, data, and the crisis of democracy.
- With Marshal Foch: a British General at Allied Supreme Headquarters April-November 1918Get This Now!
- Trap door: trans cultural production and the politics of visibilityGet This Now!
The increasing representation of trans identity throughout art and popular culture in recent years has been nothing if not paradoxical. Trans visibility is touted as a sign of…more
- From news to talk: the expansion of opinion and commentary in US journalismGet This Now!
- The portrayal and punishment of terrorists in Western media: playing the villainGet This Now!
This book explores how terrorists have been portrayed in the Western media, and the wider ideological and social functins of those representations. Developing a theory of scap…more
- The meaning of my neighbor's faith: interreligious reflections on immigrationGet This Now!
- Animal perception and literary languageGet This Now!
- Broken beauty: musical modernism and the representation of disabilityGet This Now!