- Wasteland: the Great War and the origins of modern horrorGet This Now!
"The roots of modern horror are found in the First World War. It was the most devastating event to occur in the early 1900s, with 38 million dead and 17 million wounded in the…more
- Political speech as a weapon: microaggression in a changing racial and ethnic environmentGet This Now!
- The Oresteia: Agamemnon, Women at the graveside, Orestes at AthensGet This Now!
- Fierce enigmas: a history of the United States in South AsiaGet This Now!
"South Asia looms large in American foreign policy. Over the past two decades, we have spent billions of dollars and thousands of human lives in the region, to seemingly littl…more
- Lights in the distance: exile and refuge at the borders of EuropeGet This Now!
"... The founding story of the European Union is that it exists to ensure the horrors of the twentieth century are never repeated. Now, as it comes to terms with the worst ref…more
- Automating inequality: how high-tech tools profile, police, and punish the poorGet This Now!
Eubanks investigates the impacts of data mining, policy algorithms, and predictive risk models on poor and working-class people in America. She shows how automated systems, ra…more
- Whose body is it anyway?: a sociological reflection upon fitness and wellbeingGet This Now!
"There is a widespread interest in wellbeing, the healthy body and public health. However, there are also many simplistic and uncritical interpretations of what wellbeing or a…more
- The collected plays of Chaim PotokGet This Now!
While Chaim Potok is most famous for his novels, particularly his first book The Chosen (1967), which was listed on The New York Times' best seller list for 39 weeks and sold …more
- Road to disaster: a new history of America's descent into VietnamGet This Now!
"The most thoughtful and judicious one-volume history of the war and the American political leaders who presided over the difficult and painful decisions that shaped this hist…more
- The League: how five rivals created the NFL and launched a sports empireGet This Now!
"The National Football League is a towering, distinctly American colossus taking in $14 billion in annual revenue and provoking intense national debate over issues from player…more
- Jacques Lipchitz: Bildhauer des 20. Jahrhunderts = a 20th century sculptorGet This Now!
Lipchitz ist einer der herausragenden Bildhauer des 20. Jahrhunderts. Geboren 1891 in Litauen, lebte er seit 1909 in Paris und floh 1941 vor den deutschen Besatzern von Frankr…more
- Inevitably toxic: historical perspectives on contamination, exposure, and expertiseGet This Now!
"Not a day goes by that humans aren't exposed to toxins in our environment--be it at home, in the car, or workplace. But what about those toxic places and items that aren't ma…more