- The hard tomorrowGet This Now!
"Hannah is a thirty-something wife, home-health worker, and antiwar activist. Her husband, Johnny, is a stay-at-home pothead working--or 'working'--on building them a house be…more
- Chance in the world: a Humean guide to objective chanceGet This Now!
Whether something happens randomly, by chance; or from a series of events.
- Brukner & Khan's Clinical sports medicine.Get This Now!
An illustrated practical and reference text for physiotherapists, medical doctors, team clinicians, athletic trainers, sports therapists, sports rehabilitators and trainers, a…more
- The Beethoven syndrome: hearing music as autobiographyGet This Now!
"The 'Beethoven syndrome' is the inclination of listeners to hear music as the projection of a composer's inner self. This was a radically new way of listening that emerged af…more
- The rise of reptiles: 320 million years of evolutionGet This Now!
"Over 300 million years ago, an early land vertebrate developed an egg that contained the embryo in an amnion, allowing it to be deposited on land. This moment marked the firs…more
- Migrating to prison: America's obsession with locking up immigrantsGet This Now!
"An in-depth look at the imprisonment of immigrants addressing the intersection of immigration and the criminal justice system"--
- How America's political parties change (and how they don't)Get This Now!
- The quest for a universal theory of life: searching for life as we don't know itGet This Now!
Integrating both scientific and philosophical perspectives, this book provides an informed analysis of the challenges of formulating a universal theory of life. Among the issu…more
- The psychology of problem solving: the background to successful mathematics thinkingGet This Now!
The art or skill of problem solving in mathematics is mostly relegated to the strategies one can use to solve problems in the field. Although this book addresses that issue, i…more
- The secret life of programs: understand computers--craft better codeGet This Now!
"Presents essential information about how computers work, including many broad topics, such as how computers process languages, how programs manipulate data in memory, and how…more
- Secrets and siblings: the vanished lives of China's one child policyGet This Now!
"Thirty-two years ago Mrs. Li and Mr. Wu from Zhejiang abandoned their second baby daughter at a marketplace. Mrs. Wang Maochen from Beijing has seven children, but six of the…more
- Awareness through movement: health exercises for personal growthGet This Now!