- Why celibacy?: reclaiming the fatherhood of the priestGet This Now!
"Priestly celibacy, some say, is an outdated relic from another age. Others see it as a lonely way of life. But as Fr. Carter Griffin argues ... , the ancient practice of celi…more
- Why you like it: the science and culture of musical tasteGet This Now!
"From the chief architect of Pandora Radio's Music Genome Project comes a definitive and groundbreaking examination of how your mind, body, and upbringing influence the music …more
- Material and mindGet This Now!
"Design is a specific and revealing interaction of material and our mind that focuses on the ways in which humans make art, work with materials, and use tools. Design and the …more
- Boy bands and the performance of pop masculinityGet This Now!
Boy Bands and the Performance of Pop Masculinity provides a history of the boy band from the Beatles to One Direction, placing the modern male pop group within the wider conte…more
- Beethoven: the relentless revolutionaryGet This Now!
A fascinating and in-depth exploration of how the Enlightenment, the French Revolution, and Napoleon shaped Beethoven's political ideals and inspired his groundbreaking compos…more
- Rebel talent: why it pays to break the rules at work and in lifeGet This Now!
A behavioral scientist explores why "rebels" with unconventional outlooks who break the rules find the greatest success, discussing how they drive innovation and reinvention b…more
- Competency-based career planning for reference and user services professionalsGet This Now!
"Reference and user services librarians need to be in charge of their own careers. And when it comes to their own professional development, that means being proactive. This re…more
- Complete novelsGet This Now!
- Building teaching and learning communities: creating shared meaning and purposeGet This Now!
"Teaching and learning communities are communities of practice in which a group of faculty and staff from across disciplines regularly meet to discuss topics of common interes…more
- Joan Didion: the 1960s & 70s : Run river, Slouching towards Bethlehem, Play it as it lays, A book of common prayer, The white albumGet This Now!
"Joan Didion's influence on postwar American letters is undeniable. Whether writing fiction, memoir, or trailblazing journalism, her gifts for narrative and dialogue, and her …more
- Techniques for electronic resource management: TERMS and the transition to openGet This Now!
"Growing open access options, big-deal price pressure, fluid ebook purchasing models. You need a framework for managing the many details of your online material. TERMS - Techn…more
- BlockchainGet This Now!
Blockchain technology has come a long way since its introduction in 2009 thanks to technology. This technology has the potential to disrupt many industries--and has already--f…more