- Foreign intervention in Africa after the Cold War: sovereignty, responsibility, and the war on terrorGet This Now!
- Bush-Obama school reform: lessons learnedGet This Now!
Frederick M. Hess and Michael Q. McShane have gathered a diverse group of scholars to examine the shifting federal role in education across the presidential administrations of…more
- Provisions: the roots of Caribbean cookingGet This Now!
"In Provisions, sisters Michelle and Suzanne Rousseau share 130 recipes that pay homage to the meals and market produce that have been farmed, sold, and prepared by Caribbean …more
- One of ten billion earths: how we learn about our planet's past and future from distant exoplanetsGet This Now!
Illustrated with images of the Solar System and of the Universe around it, this book explores how the discoveries within the Solar System and of exoplanets far beyond it come …more
- Never caught: the Washingtons' relentless pursuit of their runaway slave, Ona JudgeGet This Now!
"A revelatory account of the actions taken by the first president to retain his slaves in spite of Northern laws. Profiles one of the slaves, Ona Judge, describing the intense…more
- Not enough: human rights in an unequal worldGet This Now!
The age of human rights has been kindest to the rich. As state violations of political rights garnered attention, a commitment to material equality disappeared and market fund…more
- Meg, Jo, Beth, Amy: the story of Little Women and why it still mattersGet This Now!
A 150th anniversary tribute describes the cultural significance of Louisa May Alcott's classic, exploring how its relatable themes and depictions of family resilience, communi…more
- Institutional violence and disability: punishing conditionsGet This Now!
- How the Internet happened: from Netscape to the iPhoneGet This Now!
"Tech-guru Brian McCullough delivers a rollicking history of the internet, why it exploded, and how it changed everything. The internet was never intended for you, opines Bria…more
- How China sees the world: Han-centrism and the balance of power in international politicsGet This Now!
"Han-centrism, a virulent form of Chinese nationalism, asserts that the Han Chinese are superior to other peoples and have a legitimate right to advance Chinese interests at t…more
- Beyond weird: why everything you thought you knew about quantum physics is differentGet This Now!
An exhilarating tour of the contemporary quantum landscape, Beyond Weird is a book about what quantum physics really means--and what it doesn't. Science writer Philip Ball off…more
- African American women chemists in the modern eraGet This Now!
Biographies of chemists from 1965 to the present.