- Reducing interpersonal violence: a psychological perspectiveGet This Now!
There are many types of interpersonal violence that can lead to short-and long-term physical and psychological effects on those involved. Reducing Interpersonal Violence refle…more
- Race, religion, and politics: toward human rights in the United StatesGet This Now!
This book examines race, religion, and politics in the United States, illuminating their intersections and what they reveal about power and privilege. Drawing on both historic…more
- Race and the undeserving poor: from abolition to BrexitGet This Now!
"Over recent years, tabloid readers have become familiar with the concept of the 'white working class', those thought to have been 'left behind' by globalization, including im…more
- PTSD: a short historyGet This Now!
"Post-traumatic stress disorder--and its predecessor diagnoses, including soldier's heart, railroad spine, and shell shock--was recognized as a psychiatric disorder in the lat…more
- Podcasting: New Aural Cultures and Digital MediaGet This Now!
"Podcasting: New Aural Cultures and Digital Media is the first comprehensive interdisciplinary collection of academic research exploring the definition, status, practices and …more
- The Christian art of dying: learning from JesusGet This Now!
Allen Verhey was a renowned ethicists who himself came face to face with death but then recovered from a life-threatening illness a couple of years before he died. The Christi…more
- AuthorityGet This Now!
From citizens paying taxes to employees following their bosses' orders and kids obeying their parents, we take it for granted that a whole range of authorities have the power …more
- Art therapy for social justice: radical intersectionsGet This Now!
- American apartheid: the Native American struggle for self-determination and inclusionGet This Now!
"... American Apartheid offers the most comprehensive and compelling account of the issues and threats that Native Americans face today, as well as their heroic battle to over…more
- Ambivalence in mentorship: an exploration of emotional complexitiesGet This Now!
- The Arab-Israeli conflict, 1956-1975: from violent conflict to a peace processGet This Now!
The Arab-Israeli Conflict, 1956-1975 contains a collection of articles that examine select issues between the end of the Suez Campaign in November 1956, and the Sinai II, or I…more
- Push back, move forward: the National Council of Women's Organizations and coalition advocacyGet This Now!
"Push Back, Move Forward is based on 10 years of work studying the coalition dynamics of the National Council of Women's Organizations in Washington, DC, examining when, how, …more