- 1936:Berlin and other playsGet This Now!
1936: Berlin: Set in the run up to the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, at the height of Hitler's rise to power. 1936: Berlintells the story of the legendary Jesse Owens and of a you…more
- So you want to work in a museum?Get This Now!
"This book discusses some of the benefits of working in museums according to size, type, and organizational structure; and goes through dozens of museum positions in detail. I…more
- Discovering the clown, or, the funny book of good actingGet This Now!
"An essential read for performers of all kinds, this text takes a deep dive into theatre, physical expression, and the limitless possibilities of the comic performance"--
- Funny man: Mel BrooksGet This Now!
Oscar, Emmy, Tony, and Grammy award-winner Mel Brooks was behind (and sometimes in front the camera too) of some of the most influential comedy hits of our time, including The…more
- Valiant or virtuous?: gender bias in Bible translationGet This Now!
- HandiLand: the crippest place on EarthGet This Now!
HandiLand looks at young adult novels, fantasy series, graphic memoirs, and picture books of the last 25 years in which characters with disabilities take center stage for the …more
- From moral theology to moral philosophy: Cicero and visions of humanity from Locke to HumeGet This Now!
The seventeenth and eighteenth centuries represent a period of remarkable intellectual vitality in British philosophy, as figures such as Hobbes, Locke, Hume, and Smith attemp…more
- Moral victories in the battle for Congress: cultural conservatism and the House GOPGet This Now!
- Inclusive populism: creating citizens in the global ageGet This Now!
- Language and literacy development: what educators need to knowGet This Now!
- The meritocracy trap: how America's foundational myth feeds inequality, dismantles the middle class, and devours the eliteGet This Now!
"It is an axiom of American life that advantage should be earned through ability and effort. Even as the country divides itself at every turn, the meritocratic ideal--that soc…more
- Racism and mediaGet This Now!
Digital media have radically altered understandings of racism, so that an issue that has too often been assumed to belong to the past has been thrust into contemporary mainstr…more