- Hymn to Apollo: the ancient world and the Ballets RussesGet This Now!
In the ancient world, dance was used to express important truths about the human condition, and this significance can still be seen today in representations of dancers in anci…more
- Restless faith: holding evangelical beliefs in a world of contested labelsGet This Now!
"One of the most influential evangelical voices in America chronicles what it has meant for him to spend the past half century as a 'restless evangelical'--a way of maintainin…more
- Performance, movement and the bodyGet This Now!
Investigating a range of influential movement training practices, this ambitious book considers the significance of professional training to performers and their bodies. Perfo…more
- Environmental ethics: a very short introductionGet This Now!
Our environment today faces ever greater threats from human activities, such as pollution, loss of species and habitats, and climate change. In response to this, the relativel…more
- The Church of God in Jesus Christ: a Catholic ecclesiologyGet This Now!
"This book establishes three aspects of the mystery of the Church: that the Church is (1) the people of God, chosen for the salvation of the world in Christ; (2) the virginal …more
- All of physics (almost) in 15 equationsGet This Now!
Comprises 15 short chapters, each presenting an important equation of physics, from the simplest and oldest, to more complex and recent ones. The target audience is the intere…more
- Under red skies: three generations of life, loss, and hope in ChinaGet This Now!
"An examination of the generational bonds and divisions of the Kan family and the panoramic effects of China's changing societal norms and fast-growing economy, where some suc…more
- Conversion and the rehabilitation of the penal system: a theological rereading of criminal justiceGet This Now!
"The millions of men and women locked up in jails and prisons do not need to be punished, nor should they be punished. Neither should they be treated as objects whose sufferin…more
- Coders: the making of a new tribe and the remaking of the worldGet This Now!
"From acclaimed tech writer Clive Thompson, a brilliant and immersive anthropological reckoning with the most powerful tribe in the world today, computer programmers - where t…more
- Robert Lepage/Ex Machina: revolutions in theatrical spaceGet This Now!
"Robert Lepage/Ex Machina: Revolutions in Theatrical Space provides an ideal introduction to one of our most innovative companies - and a much-needed and timely reappraisal of…more
- The billionaire boondoggle: how our politicians let corporations and bigwigs steal our money and jobsGet This Now!
"The first comprehensive look at how politicians let the entertainment industry bilk taxpayers, hijack public policy and hurt economic investment, starting and ending with Tru…more
- Authoritarian containment: public security bureaus and Protestant house churches in urban ChinaGet This Now!