- Integrating the visual arts across the curriculum: an elementary and middle school guideGet This Now!
"At the core of this book is the development and implementation of a deeper approach to visual art integration in diverse content areas, where, rather than integration being "…more
- Sweet taste of liberty: a true story of slavery and restitution in AmericaGet This Now!
"In Sweet Taste of Liberty, W. Caleb McDaniel focuses on the experience of a freed slave who was sold back into slavery, eventually freed again, and who then sued the man who …more
- Separated: family and community in the aftermath of an immigration raidGet This Now!
"Through extensive ethnographic study of the aftermath of an ICE raid in one Latino community in Michigan, the author details the incredible strain that it placed on the commu…more
- Self and city in the thought of Saint AugustineGet This Now!
- The promise: love and loss in modern ChinaGet This Now!
At the start of the twentieth century in China, the Hans were married in an elaborate ceremony before they were even born. While their future was arranged by their families, t…more
- Gods of the upper air: how a circle of renegade anthropologists reinvented race, sex, and gender in the twentieth centuryGet This Now!
"At the end of the 19th century, everyone knew that people were defined by their race and sex and were fated by birth and biology to be more or less intelligent, able, nurturi…more
- Forgiveness and letting go in emotion-focused therapyGet This Now!
"This book shows how forgiveness oriented Emotion Focused Therapy helps individuals and couples process and transform distressing negative emotions by accessing internal resou…more
- Freedom: the overthrowing of the slave empiresGet This Now!
- The clamour of nationalism: race and nation in twenty-first-century BritainGet This Now!
- La Santa Muerte in Mexico: history, devotion, and societyGet This Now!
- A question of inequality: the politics of equal worthGet This Now!
"Inequality is widening. In the twenty-first century, the gap between those who have more and those who have less is growing: 1 per cent of the world owns as much as the other…more
- Balthus cats and girlsGet This Now!
Balthus was a master of conveying the ambivalence that is part of adolescence. The children in his paintings are usually withdrawn, self-absorbed and unsmiling, in rooms close…more