- Rethinking evolution: the revolution that's hiding in plain sightGet This Now!
- Ableist rhetoric: how we know, value, and see disabilityGet This Now!
"Examines the rhetorical practices that generate and sustain discrimination against disabled people. Demonstrates how ableist values, knowledge, and ways of seeing pervade Wes…more
- From atoms to Higgs boson: voyages in quasi-spacetimeGet This Now!
- Sea level rise: a slow tsunami on America's shoresGet This Now!
The consequences of twenty-first-century sea level rise on the United States and its nearly 90,000 miles of shoreline will be immense: Miami and New Orleans will disappear; ma…more
- Songs of the Lisu Hills: practicing Christianity in southwest ChinaGet This Now!
"Explores the history and practice of Lisu Christianity in southwest China, describing how the Lisu maintained their Christian faith through China's tumultuous twentieth centu…more
- NASA and the long civil rights movementGet This Now!
As NASA prepared for the launch of Apollo 11 in July 1969, many African American leaders protested the billions of dollars used to fund "space joyrides" rather than help tackl…more
- State of the heart: exploring the history, science, and future of cardiac diseaseGet This Now!
"The golden age of heart science is only just beginning. While heart disease has been around for a long time, the type of heart disease people have, why they have it, and how …more
- Something deeply hidden: quantum worlds and the emergence of spacetimeGet This Now!
"Caltech physicist and New York Times bestselling author Sean Carroll shows that there are multiple copies of you. And everyone else. Really. Something Deeply Hidden begins wi…more
- Shadow network: media, money, and the secret hub of the radical rightGet This Now!
In 1981, emboldened by Ronald Reagan's election, a group of some fifty Republican operatives, evangelicals, oil barons, and gun lobbyists met in a Washington suburb to coordin…more
- Convergent evolution on earth: lessons for the search for extraterrestrial lifeGet This Now!
"Why does a sea lily look like a palm tree? And why is a sea lily called a "lily" when it is a marine animal and not a plant? Many marine animals bear a noticeable similarity …more
- Proof!: how the world became geometricalGet This Now!
"An eye-opening narrative of how geometric principles fundamentally shaped our world"--
- Six impossible things: the mystery of the quantum worldGet This Now!
"In Six Impossible Things, John Gribbin offers an agnostic overview of some (six, exactly) of the main "interpretations" of quantum physics. To the great distress of many phys…more