Recently added physical books.
- Conversion and the rehabilitation of the penal system: a theological rereading of criminal justiceGet This Now!
"The millions of men and women locked up in jails and prisons do not need to be punished, nor should they be punished. Neither should they be treated as objects whose sufferin…more
- The French Revolution: a historyGet This Now!
- Authoritarian containment: public security bureaus and Protestant house churches in urban ChinaGet This Now!
- Borders of belonging: struggle and solidarity in mixed-status immigrant familiesGet This Now!
"Borders of belonging investigates a pressing but previously unexplored aspect of immigration in America--the impact of immigration policies and practices not only on undocume…more
- Every nation has its dish: black bodies and black food in twentieth-century AmericaGet This Now!
Jennifer Jensen Wallach's nuanced history of black foodways across the twentieth century challenges traditional narratives of "soul food" as a singular style of historical Afr…more
- Unsheltered: a novelGet This Now!
How could two hardworking people do everything right in life, a woman asks, and end up destitute? Willa Knox and her husband followed all the rules as responsible parents and …more
- Historical dictionary of American criminal justiceGet This Now!
"The Historical Dictionary of American Criminal Justice contains a chronology, an introduction, appendixes, and an extensive bibliography. The dictionary section has over 1,20…more
- Headcase: LGBTQ writers & artists on mental health and wellnessGet This Now!
"Headcase is a groundbreaking collection of personal reflections and artistic representations illustrating the intersection of mental wellness, illness, and LGBTQ identity, as…more
- Environmental ethics: a very short introductionGet This Now!
Our environment today faces ever greater threats from human activities, such as pollution, loss of species and habitats, and climate change. In response to this, the relativel…more
- Biology of longevity and aging: pathways and prospectsGet This Now!
- Hope College at 150: anchored in faith, educating for leadership and service in a global societyGet This Now!
- The overstory: a novelGet This Now!
"An air force loadmaster in the Vietnam War is shot out of the sky, then saved by falling into a banyan. An artist inherits a hundred years of photographic portraits, all of t…more