Recently added physical books.
- Math bytes: Google bombs, chocolate-covered pi, and other cool bits in computingGet This Now!
- Beneath a ruthless sun: a true story of violence, race, and justice lost and foundGet This Now!
From the author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning bestseller "Devil in the Grove" comes a gripping story of sex, race, class, corruption, and the arc of justice. In December 1957,…more
- Autumn in Venice: Ernest Hemingway and his last museGet This Now!
"The acclaimed author of A Venetian Affair now gives us the remarkable story of Hemingway's love affair with both the city of Venice and the muse he found there--a vivacious 1…more
- Understanding the brain: from cells to behavior to cognitionGet This Now!
No reader curious about our "little grey cells" will want to pass up Harvard neuroscientist John E. Dowling's brief introduction to the brain. In this up-to-date revision of h…more
- Protestantism in Xiamen: then and nowGet This Now!
- Nine pints: a journey through the money, medicine, and mysteries of bloodGet This Now!
Explores the science, traditions, and myths surrounding blood, from ancient bloodletting practices to the development of mass blood donations during the Blitz and from researc…more
- Never home alone: from microbes to millipedes, camel crickets, and honeybees, the natural history of where we liveGet This Now!
A natural history of the wilderness in our homes, from the microbes in our showers to the crickets in our basements.
- Illiberal China: the ideological challenge of the People's Republic of ChinaGet This Now!
This book analyzes the 'intellectual political culture' of post-Tiananmen China in comparison to and in conflict with liberalism inside and outside the P.R.C. How do mainland …more
- How to get rid of a president: history's guide to removing unpopular, unable, or unfit chief executivesGet This Now!
"A vivid political history of the schemes, plots, maneuvers, and conspiracies that have attempted--successfully and not--to remove unwanted presidents."--Jacket flap.
- Footprints of the dance: an early seventeenth-century dance master's notebookGet This Now!
"Footprints of the Dance: An Early Seventeenth-Century Dance Master's Notebook by Jennifer Nevile provides new, fascinating and detailed information on the life of an early se…more
- Fiber: the coming tech revolution and why America might miss itGet This Now!
The world of 5G, the next generation of telecommunication technology, will be as different from what came before as the world after the advent of electricity. The massive amou…more
- Empire of guns: the violent making of the industrial revolutionGet This Now!
"We have long understood the Industrial Revolution as a triumphant story of innovation and technology. Empire of Guns, a rich and ambitious new book by award-winning historian…more