Recently added physical books.
- Death be not proud: the art of holy attentionGet This Now!
"The seventeenth-century French philosopher Nicolas Malebranche thought that philosophy could learn a valuable lesson from prayer, which teaches us how to attend, wait, and be…more
- Beyond reality: augmented, virtual, and mixed reality in the libraryGet This Now!
"At a time when libraries are facing a range of significant challenges, including rapidly evolving needs for physical space, constant budgetary pressures, and growing concern …more
- Sousa's marches: as he performed themGet This Now!
- They were her property: white women as slave owners in the American SouthGet This Now!
"Bridging women's history, the history of the South, and African American history, this book makes a bold argument about the role of white women in American slavery. Historian…more
- The Routledge companion to nineteenth century philosophyGet This Now!
"The Routledge Companion to Nineteenth Century Philosophy is an outstanding survey and assessment of the century as a whole. Divided into seven parts and including thirty chap…more
- The monstrous discourse in the Donald Trump campaign: implications for national discourseGet This Now!
- Justice between the young and the oldGet This Now!
"In a world of limited resources, competition between the young and old prompt difficult questions of justice. In countries with public pension and heath care systems, or with…more
- Underground: a human history of the worlds beneath our feetGet This Now!
Hunt's first tunnel trips inspired a lifelong fascination with exploring underground worlds, from the derelict subway stations and sewers of New York City to the sacred caves,…more
- Try common sense: replacing the failed ideologies of right and leftGet This Now!
"In this brief and powerful book, Philip K. Howard attacks the failed ideologies of both parties and proposes a radical simplification of government to re-empower Americans in…more
- Transnational Hispaniola: new directions in Haitian and Dominican studiesGet This Now!
This is an edited volume that seeks to elaborate new methodologies and forge new questions in research about Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
- Politics of meaning/meaning of politics: cultural sociology of the 2016 U.S. presidential electionGet This Now!
- Immunopsychiatry: a clinician's introduction to the immune basis of mental disordersGet This Now!