- Of comics and men: a cultural history of American comic booksGet This Now!
"Originally published in France and long sought in English translation, Jean-Paul Gabilliet's Of Comics and Men: A Cultural History of American Comic Books documents the rise …more
- A.D.: New Orleans after the delugeGet This Now!
- Black holeGet This Now!
A chilling graphic novel set in suburban Seattle during the mid-1970s describes the lives of the area's teenagers, who are suddenly faced with a devastating, disfiguring, and …more
- The rise of the American comics artist: creators and contextsGet This Now!
- The unsinkable Walker BeanGet This Now!
Walter Bean is happiest when he gets to spend time tinkering on his inventions in his grandfather's workshop, but when his grandfather acquires a curse, Walter must embark on …more
- SmileGet This Now!
From sixth grade through tenth, Raina copes with a variety of dental problems that affect her appearance and how she feels about herself.
- Yummy: the last days of a Southside ShortyGet This Now!
"A graphic novel based on the true story of Robert "Yummy" Sandifer, an eleven-year old African American gang member from Chicago who shot a young girl and was then shot by hi…more
- MeanwhileGet This Now!
In this choose-your-own adventure graphic novel, a boy stumbles on the laboratory of a mad scientist who asks him to choose between testing a mind-reading device, a time machi…more
- Set to seaGet This Now!
After fantasizing about a life at sea, the oafish main character gets shanghaied aboard a clipper bound for Hong Kong and spends the rest of his life on the ship, fighting pir…more
- Hagakure: the code of the SamuraiGet This Now!
- Graven images: religion in comic books and graphic novelsGet This Now!
- Trickster: Native American tales : a graphic collectionGet This Now!
Collects over twenty trickster stories, in graphic novel format, from various Native American traditions, including tales about coyotes, rabbits, ravens, and other crafty crea…more