- Critical survey of graphic novels: history, theme, and techniqueGet This Now!
- Dark rain: a New Orleans storyGet This Now!
"[S]et in the days after Hurricane Katrina... [t]wo small-time ex-cons with big dreams get the idea that this would be the perfect time to rob a bank. Catch is, the bank is in…more
- Building storiesGet This Now!
Presents an illustrated tale, told in various books and folded sheets, about the residents in a three-story Chicago apartment building, including a lonely single woman, a coup…more
- Friends of Lulu presents broad appeal: an anthology of comics for everyoneGet This Now!
- The best American nonrequired reading 2012Get This Now!
Presents literature from mainstream and alternative American periodicals, including fiction, nonfiction, screenplays, television writing, and alternative comics.
- The best American comics 2012Get This Now!
Collects original comic strips from American authors and illustrators in graphic novels.
- The greatest of Marlys!Get This Now!
She's back! This is a Lynda Barry double-tall: the long-awaited collection of the best strips from her syndicated comics. Way back in the mid-1980s, comic illustrator and writ…more
- World of virusesGet This Now!
- Arab in AmericaGet This Now!
Drawing from his personal history, El Rassi attempts to illustrate the daily prejudice and discrimination experienced by Muslims and Arabs in modern American society. Presente…more
- Gothicka: vampire heroes, human gods, and the new supernaturalGet This Now!
- DaybreakGet This Now!
Told through the perspectives of a silent observer, a one-armed companion guides the reader through a post-apocalyptic world with a zombie-infested landscape.
- The influencing machine: Brooke Gladstone on the mediaGet This Now!
The cohost of NPR's "On the Media" narrates, in cartoon form, two millennia of history of the influence of the media on the populace, from newspapers in Caesar's Rome to the p…more