- Dykes and sundry other carbon-based life-forms to watch out forGet This Now!
This is the tenth collection of work from Bechdel's signature comic strip, Dykes to Watch Out For. In this volume, Mo, everybody's favorite curmudgeon, blithely rants about Dr…more
- Graphic novels and comics in the classroom: essays on the educational power of sequential artGet This Now!
"Sequential art combines the visual and the narrative in a way that readers have to interpret the images with the writing. Comics make a good fit with education because studen…more
- The graphic canonGet This Now!
- Army of God: Joseph Kony's war in Central AfricaGet This Now!
In Army of God, war correspondent David Axe collaborates with illustrator Tim Hamilton to create the first-ever graphic account of a conflict that has become a global phenomen…more
- Critical survey of graphic novels: mangaGet This Now!
- Critical survey of graphic novels: history, theme, and techniqueGet This Now!
- Super black: American pop culture and black superheroesGet This Now!
- Quintessential Porcine History of Philosophy and ReligionGet This Now!
The author discusses the history of Western philosophy and religion using comic illustrations. Beginning with classic Greek pigs, the author pokes good-natured fun as reader …more
- Classics and comicsGet This Now!
- Dark rain: a New Orleans storyGet This Now!
"[S]et in the days after Hurricane Katrina... [t]wo small-time ex-cons with big dreams get the idea that this would be the perfect time to rob a bank. Catch is, the bank is in…more
- Building storiesGet This Now!
Presents an illustrated tale, told in various books and folded sheets, about the residents in a three-story Chicago apartment building, including a lonely single woman, a coup…more
- Friends of Lulu presents broad appeal: an anthology of comics for everyoneGet This Now!