- Club Zero-GGet This Now!
"This mind-expanding graphic novel offers an allegory for today's highly managed collective psyche, and a hint at the power available to anyone willing to step out of the stor…more
- Blue is the warmest colorGet This Now!
"Blue is the Warmest Color is a graphic novel about growing up, falling in love, and coming out. Clementine, a high school student, has an average life: she has friends, famil…more
- Super-history: comic book superheroes and American society, 1938 to the presentGet This Now!
"As a form of popular literature, superhero narratives have closely mirrored and molded social trends and changes, influencing and reflecting political, social, and cultural e…more
- Superman: the unauthorized biographyGet This Now!
This book is a celebration of Superman's life and history in time for his 75th birthday. How has the Big Blue Boy Scout stayed so popular for so long? How has he changed with …more
- Drawing France: French comics and the RepublicGet This Now!
- Bluffton: my summers with BusterGet This Now!
The year is 1908, and a troupe of vaudeville performers has arrived in sleepy Muskegon, Michigan to spend the summer. Young Henry Harrison is fascinated with the animals and p…more
- Outside the box: interviews with contemporary cartoonistsGet This Now!
Never before has graphic storytelling been so prominent or garnered such respect: critics and readers alike agree that contemporary cartoonists are creating some of the most i…more
- The Calvin and Hobbes tenth anniversary bookGet This Now!
A collection of comic strips depicting the adventures of Calvin and his stuffed tiger, Hobbes.Ø
- Comic book crime: truth, justice, and the American wayGet This Now!
- The cartoon introduction to statisticsGet This Now!
A journey into the world of big data introduces the methods used to produce numerical information with accessible coverage of such foundational concepts as sample sizes, stand…more
- War, politics and superheroes: ethics and propaganda in comics and filmGet This Now!
"This critical text examines the seventy-year history of comic book superheroes on film and in comic books and their reflections of the politics of their time. Superheroes add…more
- Comic books and the Cold War, 1946-1962: essays on graphic treatment of communism, the code and social concernsGet This Now!
"Close analysis of individual titles--from atomic anxieties and the nuclear family to communist hysteria and social inequalities--manifests itself in the comic books of the er…more