- Heads of the colored people: storiesGet This Now!
"Calling to mind the best works of Paul Beatty and Junot Diaz, this collection of moving, timely, and darkly funny stories examines the concept of black identity in this so-ca…more
- Big magic: creative living beyond fearGet This Now!
"From the worldwide bestselling author of Eat Pray Love: the path to the vibrant, fulfilling life you've dreamed of. Readers of all ages and walks of life have drawn inspirati…more
- A spark of light: a novelGet This Now!
The warm fall day starts like any other at the Center -- a women's reproductive health services clinic -- its staff offering care to anyone who passes through its doors. Then,…more
- Make time: how to focus on what matters every dayGet This Now!
Do you ever wonder where your day went? Or daydream about activities you'll get to "someday"? Knapp and Zeratsky share their tactics for a four-step daily framework that you c…more
- The fifth riskGet This Now!
"The election happened," remembers Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, then deputy secretary of the Department of Energy. "And then there was radio silence." Across all departments, s…more
- Suicidal: why we kill ourselvesGet This Now!
In Suicidal, Bering takes us through the science and psychology of suicide, revealing its cognitive secrets and the subtle tricks our minds play on us when we're easy emotiona…more
- Reasons to stay aliveGet This Now!
"Matt Haig's accessible and life-affirming memoir of his struggle with depression, and how his triumph over the illness taught him to live"--
- Out law: what LGBT youth should know about their legal rightsGet This Now!
The enormous advances of the civil rights movement have made it easier for LGBT youth to be "out," yet their increased visibility has led to myriad legal issues involving such…more
- Lost connections: uncovering the real causes of depression-- and the unexpected solutionsGet This Now!
"Across the world, Hari found social scientists who were uncovering evidence that depression and anxiety are not caused by a chemical imbalance in our brains. In fact, they [b…more
- The reincarnated giant: an anthology of twenty-first-century Chinese science fictionGet This Now!
- Instant Indian: classic foods from every region of India made easy in the Instant PotGet This Now!
- How to stay alive: the ultimate survival guide for any situationGet This Now!
"For more than a decade, Bear Grylls has introduced TV viewers to the most dramatic wilderness survival situations, through his hit shows such as Man Vs. Wild. Now, with How t…more