- Hope never dies: a novelGet This Now!
"Vice President Joe Biden is fresh out of the Obama White House and feeling adrift when his favorite railroad conductor dies in a suspicious accident, leaving behind an ailing…more
- The myths of happiness: what should make you happy but doesn't, what shouldn't make you happy but doesGet This Now!
Lyubomirsky isolates the major turning points of adult life, looking to both achievements and failures to reveal that our misconceptions about the impact of such events is per…more
- Reporter: a memoirGet This Now!
"A memoir of renowned investigative journalist Seymour Hersh's life as a reporter"--
- The how of happiness: a scientific approach to getting the life you wantGet This Now!
Drawing on her own research with thousands of people, psychologist Lyubomirsky has pioneered a detailed yet easy-to-follow plan to increase happiness in our day-to-day lives--…more
- The creative curve: how to develop the right idea, at the right timeGet This Now!
"Big data entrepreneur Allen Gannett overturns the mythology around creative genius, and reveals the science and secrets behind achieving breakout commercial success in any fi…more
- Manage your mind: the mental fitness guideGet This Now!
- The American spirit: who we are and what we stand forGet This Now!
This collection of speeches by historian David McCullough reminds us of fundamental American principles. Over the course of his distinguished career, David McCullough has spok…more
- Wild things: the joy of reading children's literature as an adultGet This Now!
Bruce Handy revisits the classics of every American childhood, from fairy tales to The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and explores the back stories of their creators, using context …more
- The captain class: the hidden force that creates the world's greatest teamsGet This Now!
The secret to winning is not what you think it is. It's not the coach. It's not the star. It's not money. It's not a strategy. It's something else entirely. Several years ago,…more
- IGen: why today's super-connected kids are growing up less rebellious, more tolerant, less happy-- and completely unprepared for adulthood (and what this means for the rest of us)Get This Now!
Dr. Jean Twenge offers a portrait of a new generation that is growing up more slowly and more anxious -- but also more tolerant and more safe -- than any generation in history…more
- The age of Eisenhower: America and the world in the 1950sGet This Now!
"A page-turner masterpiece. "--The Age of Eisenhower is the definitive account of this presidency, drawing extensively on declassified material from the Eisenhower Library, th…more
- Our towns: a 100,000-mile journey into the heart of AmericaGet This Now!
"A unique, revelatory portrait of small-town America: the activities, changes, and events that shape this mostly unseen part of our national landscape, and the issues and conc…more