- The professor & the parson: a story of desire, deceit and defrockingGet This Now!
- Where the light enters: building a family, discovering myselfGet This Now!
"An intimate look at the love that built the Biden family and the delicate balancing act of the woman at its center. 'How did you get this number?' Those were the first words …more
- Bitter rootGet This Now!
In the 1920s, the Harlem Renaissance is in full swing, and only the Sangerye Family, once known as the greatest monster hunters of all time, can save New York -- and the world…more
- K: a history of baseball in ten pitchesGet This Now!
"From the New York Times baseball columnist, a ... history of the national pastime as told through the craft of pitching, based on years of archival research and interviews wi…more
- How to be a patient: the essential guide to navigating the world of modern medicineGet This Now!
"From registered nurse and public health advocate Sana Goldberg, a timely, accessible, and comprehensive handbook to navigating common medical situations. From the routine to …more
- Begin the begin: R.E.M.'s early yearsGet This Now!
Begin the Begin is the first biography of R.E.M. wholly researched and written since they disbanded in 2011. It offers by far the most detailed account of the group's formativ…more
- Star wars: Doctor AphraGet This Now!
"Following her time in the clutches of Darth Vader, Doctor Aphra has barely escaped with her life. If the Dark Lord of the Sith ever learns of her survival, he'll hunt her to …more
- Chesapeake requiem: a year with the watermen of vanishing Tangier IslandGet This Now!
Tangier Island, Virginia, is a community unique on the American landscape. Mapped by John Smith in 1608, settled during the American Revolution, the tiny sliver of mud is home…more
- Kids these days: human capital and the making of millennialsGet This Now!
"A Millennial's groundbreaking investigation into why his generation is economically worse off than their parents, creating a radical and devastating portrait of what it means…more
- Mindfulness meditations for the anxious traveler: quick exercises to calm your mindGet This Now!
- The heartbeat of Wounded Knee: native America from 1890 to the presentGet This Now!
The received idea of Native American history -- as promulgated by books like Dee Brown's 1970 mega-bestselling Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee -- has been that American Indian h…more
- Utopia for realists: how we can build the ideal worldGet This Now!
"A noted Dutch journalist and economist proposes an outline for a new worldwide Utopia, with central tenets including a shortened work week, a guaranteed basic income for all,…more