- Spring chicken: stay young forever (or die trying)Get This Now!
Offers a broad examination of the subject of longevity, looking at the current scientific understanding of aging, as well as simple things people can do to promote longevity a…more
- Can't we talk about something more pleasant?: a memoirGet This Now!
In her first memoir, Roz Chast brings her signature wit to the topic of aging parents. Spanning the last several years of their lives and told through a mixture of cartoons, f…more
- Ghettoside: a true story of murder in AmericaGet This Now!
On a warm spring evening in South Los Angeles, a young man was shot and killed on a sidewalk minutes away from his home, one of hundreds of young men slain in Los Angeles ever…more
- The joy of missing out: finding balance in a wired worldGet This Now!
- Funny girl: [a novel]Get This Now!
In swinging 60s England, the nation is mesmerized by unlikely comedy star Sophie Straw, the former Blackpool beauty queen who just wants to make people laugh, like her heroine…more
- IPad: portable geniusGet This Now!
A practical, easy to read guide to getting the most out of your iPad. Written in a clear, no-nonsense style, this full-color resource describes the tips and tricks you may not…more
- Everyday Thai cooking: quick and easy family style recipesGet This Now!
Shares recipes, tips, tools, and techniques for preparing Thai appetizers, soups, salads, main dishes, and desserts, and includes suggested substitutions for hard-to-find ingr…more
- Sams teach yourself responsive web design in 24 hoursGet This Now!
"Sams Teach Yourself Responsive Web Design in 24 Hours helps you create websites that work equally well on everything from smartphones and tablets to multi-screen monitors. Th…more
- The teenage brain: a neuroscientist's survival guide to raising adolescents and young adultsGet This Now!
A neurologist offers a revolutionary look at the science of the adolescent brain, providing surprising insights -- including why smart kids often do stupid things -- that tran…more
- Cooked: a natural history of transformationGet This Now!
- This is what you just put in your mouth?: from eggnog to beef jerky, the surprising secrets of what's inside everyday productsGet This Now!
"Based on his popular Wired magazine column What's Inside, Patrick Di Justo takes a cold, hard ... look at the shocking, disgusting, and often dumbfounding ingredients found i…more
- The grand paradox: the messiness of life, the mystery of God, and the necessity of faithGet This Now!