- Two awesome hours: science-based strategies to harness your best time and get your most important work doneGet This Now!
"Feeling overwhelmed with work and life demands? Rushing, multitasking, or relying on fancy devices and apps won't help. The answer is to create the conditions for two awesome…more
- Overrated: are we more in love with the idea of changing the world than actually changing the world?Get This Now!
"Eugene Cho has a confession: 'I like to talk about changing the world but I don't really like to do what it takes.' If this is true of the man who founded the One Day's Wages…more
- Secrets from the eating lab: the science of weight loss, the myth of willpower, and why you should never diet againGet This Now!
"Americans are losing the battle of the bulge because our bodies and brains are not hardwired to resist food--the very idea of it works against our biological imperative to su…more
- All the light we cannot see: a novelGet This Now!
"From the highly acclaimed, multiple award-winning Anthony Doerr, a stunningly ambitious and beautiful novel about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in …more
- An astronaut's guide to life on EarthGet This Now!
Hadfield takes readers into his years of training and space exploration to show how to make the impossible possible. He developed an unconventional philosophy at NASA: Prepare…more
- Singletasking: get more done--one thing at a timeGet This Now!
- Daring greatly: how the courage to be vulnerable transforms the way we live, love, parent, and leadGet This Now!
Based on twelve years of research, thought leader Dr. Brené Brown argues that vulnerability is not weakness, but rather our clearest path to courage, engagement, and meaningf…more
- The nurses: a year of secrets, drama, and miracles with the heroes of the hospitalGet This Now!
In a gripping, behind-the-scenes look filled with drama, miracles, heartbreak, humor and unsung heroism, an award-winning journalist chronicles a year in the lives of four rea…more
- Between you & me: confessions of a Comma QueenGet This Now!
Mary Norris has spent more than three decades in The New Yorker's copy department, maintaining its celebrated high standards. Now she brings her vast experience, good cheer, a…more
- Get the truth: former CIA officers teach you how to persuade anyone to tell allGet This Now!
"Getting someone to tell the truth is an essential skill that very few people possess. In the boardroom, classroom, or our own homes, every day we interact with others and try…more
- Capital dames: the Civil War and the women of Washington, 1848-1868Get This Now!
With the outbreak of the Civil War, the small, social Southern town of Washington, D.C. found itself caught between warring sides in a four-year battle that would determine th…more
- The road to characterGet This Now!
"I wrote this book not sure I could follow the road to character, but I wanted at least to know what the road looks like and how other people have trodden it."--David Brooks W…more