- The nurses: a year of secrets, drama, and miracles with the heroes of the hospitalGet This Now!
In a gripping, behind-the-scenes look filled with drama, miracles, heartbreak, humor and unsung heroism, an award-winning journalist chronicles a year in the lives of four rea…more
- Between you & me: confessions of a Comma QueenGet This Now!
Mary Norris has spent more than three decades in The New Yorker's copy department, maintaining its celebrated high standards. Now she brings her vast experience, good cheer, a…more
- Get the truth: former CIA officers teach you how to persuade anyone to tell allGet This Now!
"Getting someone to tell the truth is an essential skill that very few people possess. In the boardroom, classroom, or our own homes, every day we interact with others and try…more
- The one-page financial plan: a simple way to be smart about your moneyGet This Now!
Removes the complexity from investing by encouraging readers to identify deeply personal goals and to use a series of simple, focused steps to help set up and attain a workabl…more
- Capital dames: the Civil War and the women of Washington, 1848-1868Get This Now!
With the outbreak of the Civil War, the small, social Southern town of Washington, D.C. found itself caught between warring sides in a four-year battle that would determine th…more
- The road to characterGet This Now!
"I wrote this book not sure I could follow the road to character, but I wanted at least to know what the road looks like and how other people have trodden it."--David Brooks W…more
- James Madison: a life reconsideredGet This Now!
"This majestic new biography of James Madison explores the astonishing story of a man of vaunted modesty who audaciously changed the world. Among the Founding Fathers, Madison…more
- Leaving Berlin: a novelGet This Now!
Targeted by McCarthyism for his prewar politics, a young Jewish writer who fled the Nazis to America makes a desperate bargain with a fledgling CIA to work as a spy in a decim…more
- The allergy book: solving your family's nasal allergies, asthma, food sensitivities, and related health and behavioral problemsGet This Now!
Allergies are one of the most common ailments, causing children to miss school and parents to miss work. Left untreated or unresolved, stuffy noses, itchy skin, and irritated …more
- Work rules!: insights from inside Google that will transform how you live and leadGet This Now!
From the visionary head of Google's innovative People Operations--a groundbreaking inquiry into the philosophy of work and a blueprint for attracting the most spectacular tale…more
- Is shame necessary?: new uses for an old toolGet This Now!
Presents a "case for public shaming as a nonviolent form of resistance that can challenge corporations and even governments to change policies and behaviors that are detriment…more
- Keep it shut: what to say, how to say it, and when to say nothing at allGet This Now!
"From Bible times to modern times women have struggled with their words. What to say and how to say it. What not to say. When it is best to remain silent. And what to do when …more