- Battle hymn of the tiger motherGet This Now!
Traces the rewards and pitfalls of a Chinese mother's exercise in extreme parenting, describing the exacting standards applied to grades, music lessons, and avoidance of Weste…more
- Capital dames: the Civil War and the women of Washington, 1848-1868Get This Now!
With the outbreak of the Civil War, the small, social Southern town of Washington, D.C. found itself caught between warring sides in a four-year battle that would determine th…more
- The road to characterGet This Now!
"I wrote this book not sure I could follow the road to character, but I wanted at least to know what the road looks like and how other people have trodden it."--David Brooks W…more
- James Madison: a life reconsideredGet This Now!
"This majestic new biography of James Madison explores the astonishing story of a man of vaunted modesty who audaciously changed the world. Among the Founding Fathers, Madison…more
- Leaving Berlin: a novelGet This Now!
Targeted by McCarthyism for his prewar politics, a young Jewish writer who fled the Nazis to America makes a desperate bargain with a fledgling CIA to work as a spy in a decim…more
- The allergy book: solving your family's nasal allergies, asthma, food sensitivities, and related health and behavioral problemsGet This Now!
Allergies are one of the most common ailments, causing children to miss school and parents to miss work. Left untreated or unresolved, stuffy noses, itchy skin, and irritated …more
- Work rules!: insights from inside Google that will transform how you live and leadGet This Now!
From the visionary head of Google's innovative People Operations--a groundbreaking inquiry into the philosophy of work and a blueprint for attracting the most spectacular tale…more
- Is shame necessary?: new uses for an old toolGet This Now!
Presents a "case for public shaming as a nonviolent form of resistance that can challenge corporations and even governments to change policies and behaviors that are detriment…more
- Keep it shut: what to say, how to say it, and when to say nothing at allGet This Now!
"From Bible times to modern times women have struggled with their words. What to say and how to say it. What not to say. When it is best to remain silent. And what to do when …more
- Pioneer girl: the annotated autobiographyGet This Now!
Follows the Ingalls family's journey through Kansas, Missouri, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, back to Minnesota, and on to Dakota Territory, examining sixteen years of travels, u…more
- Napkin notes: make lunch meaningful, life will followGet This Now!
"Cancer has given Garth Callaghan a new purpose: to inspire parents to connect more with their children even in small ways, as he has done before and since his diagnosis by tu…more
- The bone clocks: a novelGet This Now!
Following a scalding row with her mother, fifteen-year-old Holly Sykes slams the door on her old life. But Holly is no typical teenage runaway: a sensitive child once contacte…more