- NOFX: the hepatitis bathtub and other storiesGet This Now!
"The first tell-all autobiography from one of the world's most influential and controversial punk bands."--Back cover.
- Your brain on ink: a workbook on neuroplasticity and the journal ladderGet This Now!
- Five easy theses: common-sense solutions to America's greatest economic challengesGet This Now!
America today confronts a host of urgent problems, many of them seemingly intractable, but some we are entirely capable of solving. Insurance executive and philanthropist Jame…more
- The big five: five simple things you can do to live a longer, healthier lifeGet This Now!
- The gene: an intimate historyGet This Now!
The story of the gene begins in earnest in an obscure Augustinian abbey in Moravia in 1856 where Gregor Mendel, a monk working with pea plants, stumbles on the idea of a "unit…more
- How I changed my mind about evolution: evangelicals reflect on faith and scienceGet This Now!
Perhaps no topic appears as potentially threatening to evangelicals as evolution. The very idea seems to exclude God from the creation the book of Genesis celebrates. Yet many…more
- To protect and serve: how to fix America's policeGet This Now!
"American policing is in crisis. The last decade witnessed a vast increase in police aggression, misconduct, and militarization, along with a corresponding reduction in transp…more
- The world according to Star WarsGet This Now!
"In this fun, erudite, and often moving book, Cass R. Sunstein explores the lessons of Star Wars as they relate to childhood, fathers, the Dark Side, rebellion, and redemption…more
- "Most blessed of the patriarchs": Thomas Jefferson and the empire of the imaginationGet This Now!
Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Annette Gordon-Reed teams up with the country's leading Jefferson scholar, Peter S. Onuf, to present an absorbing and revealing character stud…more
- The bad-ass librarians of Timbuktu: and their race to save the world's most precious manuscriptsGet This Now!
Describes how a group of Timbuktu librarians enacted a daring plan to smuggle the city's great collection of rare Islamic manuscripts away from the threat of destruction at th…more
- Everybody's foolGet This Now!
Sully is staring down a VA cardiologist's estimate that he only has a year or two left, and he's busy as hell keeping the news from the most important people in his life: Ruth…more
- Ruthless: scientology, my son David Miscavige, and meGet This Now!
"The only book to examine the origins of Scientology's current leader, RUTHLESS tells the revealing story of David Miscavige's childhood and his path to the head seat of the C…more