- Unsheltered: a novelGet This Now!
How could two hardworking people do everything right in life, a woman asks, and end up destitute? Willa Knox and her husband followed all the rules as responsible parents and …more
- Hiking with Nietzsche: on becoming who you areGet This Now!
"Hiking with Nietzsche: Becoming Who You Are is a tale of two philosophical journeys--one made by John Kaag as an introspective young man of nineteen, the other seventeen year…more
- The lady from the black lagoon: Hollywood monsters and the lost legacy of Milicent PatrickGet This Now!
Mallory O'Meara uncovers the life and work of Milicent Patrick, one of Disney's first female animators and the only woman in history to create one of Hollywood's classic movie…more
- A people's future of the United States: speculative fiction from 25 extraordinary writersGet This Now!
"For many Americans, imagining a bright future has always been an act of resistance. A People's Future of the United States presents twenty never-before-published stories by a…more
- Digital minimalism: choosing a focused life in a noisy worldGet This Now!
Minimalism is the art of knowing how much is just enough. Digital minimalism applies this idea to our personal technology. It's the key to living a focused life in an increasi…more
- The law of small things: creating a habit of integrity in a culture of mistrustGet This Now!
- The wise advocate: the inner voice of strategic leadershipGet This Now!
"Leadership is the habit of making good choices. Even in difficult and uncertain circumstances, the most effective leaders focus their attention and overcome entrenched patter…more
- The CHAOS* cure: clean your house and calm your soul in 15 minutesGet This Now!
"Are you suffering from CHAOS, otherwise known as can't have anyone over syndrome? If your house is a jumble of dirty dishes, piles of paper, and never-ending laundry, you are…more
- Life of the mind interrupted: essays on mental health and disability in higher educationGet This Now!
- We should all be feministsGet This Now!
In this essay -- adapted from her TEDx talk of the same name -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, award-winning author of Americanah, offers readers a unique definition of feminism fo…more
- Let's go (so we can get back): a memoir of recording and discording with Wilco, etc.Get This Now!
Wilco singer/songwriter Jeff Tweedy tells stories about his childhood in Belleville, Illinois; the St. Louis record store, rock clubs, and live-music circuit that sparked his …more
- BecomingGet This Now!
In a life filled with meaning and accomplishment, Michelle Obama has emerged as one of the most iconic and compelling women of our era. As First Lady of the United States of A…more