- Age of anger: a history of the presentGet This Now!
How can we explain the origins of the great wave of paranoid hatreds that seem inescapable in our close-knit world -- from American shooters and ISIS to Donald Trump, from a r…more
- Still Christian: following Jesus out of American evangelicalismGet This Now!
In this provocative tell-all, David Gushee gives an insider's look at the frictions and schisms of evangelical Christianity, based on his experiences that began with becoming …more
- Sing, unburied, sing: a novelGet This Now!
"A searing and profound Southern odyssey by National Book Award winner Jesmyn Ward. In Jesmyn Ward's first novel since her National Book Award-winning Salvage the Bones, this …more
- The Moosewood Restaurant table: 250 brand-new recipes from the natural foods restaurant that revolutionized eating in AmericaGet This Now!
More than 250 never-before-published recipes (many vegan and gluten-free) from the famous farm-to-table, natural foods Moosewood Restaurant.
- You can do anything: the surprising power of a "useless" liberal arts educationGet This Now!
George Anders explains the remarkable power of a liberal arts education, and the ways it can open the door to cutting-edge jobs. The curiosity, creativity, and empathy that ar…more
- What motivates getting things done: procrastination, emotions, and successGet This Now!
Mary Lamia explores the emotional lives of people who are successful in their endeavors -- both procrastinators and non-procrastinators alike -- to illustrate how human motiva…more
- Bitten by a camel: leaving church, finding GodGet This Now!
Dobson was climbing the ladder of Christianity, too: a worship leader, teacher, and ultimately senior pastor of one of the largest and most prominent churches in America. But …more
- Finding the lost art of empathy: connecting human to human in a disconnected worldGet This Now!
- Fantasyland: how America went haywire : a 500-year historyGet This Now!
Explains how the influences of dreamers, zealots, hucksters, and superstitious groups shaped America's tendency toward a rich fantasy life, citing the roles of individuals fro…more
- On tyranny: twenty lessons from the twentieth centuryGet This Now!
In previous books, Holocaust historian Timothy Snyder dissected the events and values that enabled the rise of Hitler and Stalin and the execution of their catastrophic polici…more
- The new digital age: transforming nations, businesses, and our livesGet This Now!
In collaboration, two leading global thinkers from in technology and foreign affairs from Google give readers their widely anticipated, transformational vision of the future: …more
- The phenomenon: pressure, the yips, and the pitch that changed my lifeGet This Now!
On October 3, 2000, 21-year-old pitcher Rick Ankiel took the mound for the St. Louis Cardinals in Game One of the National League division series. All was going well until Ank…more