- The age of Eisenhower: America and the world in the 1950sGet This Now!
"A page-turner masterpiece. "--The Age of Eisenhower is the definitive account of this presidency, drawing extensively on declassified material from the Eisenhower Library, th…more
- Our towns: a 100,000-mile journey into the heart of AmericaGet This Now!
"A unique, revelatory portrait of small-town America: the activities, changes, and events that shape this mostly unseen part of our national landscape, and the issues and conc…more
- A higher loyalty: truth, lies, and leadershipGet This Now!
Former FBI director James Comey shares his experiences from his two decades in government, exploring what good, ethical leadership looks like, and how it drives sound decision…more
- Measure what matters: how Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation rock the world with OKRsGet This Now!
In the fall of 1999, John Doerr met with the founders of a start-up whom he'd just given $12.5 million, the biggest investment of his career. Larry Page and Sergey Brin had am…more
- The assault on intelligence: American national security in an age of liesGet This Now!
"In the face of a President who lobs accusations without facts, evidence, or logic, truth tellers are under attack. Meanwhile, the world order is teetering on the brink. North…more
- Less: a novelGet This Now!
Receiving an invitation to his ex-boyfriend's wedding, Arthur, a failed novelist on the eve of his fiftieth birthday, embarks on an international journey that finds him fallin…more
- Lemon jail: on the road with the ReplacementsGet This Now!
"A tour diary of life on the road with one of Minnesota's greatest bands-with nearly 100 never-before-seen photographs. Don't bore us, get to the chorus is Bill Sullivan's mot…more
- The Bill of Rights: a user's guideGet This Now!
Describes the history and development of the first ten Constitutional amendments, also known as the Bill of Rights, and presents stories of the many people who have helped to …more
- Managing your mind: the mental fitness guideGet This Now!
"Managing Your Mind is a book for building resilience, overcoming emotional difficulties and enabling self-development. It is for any of us who wish to understand ourselves be…more
- Fascism: a warningGet This Now!
A Fascist, observes Madeleine Albright, 'is someone who claims to speak for a whole nation or group, is utterly unconcerned with the rights of others, and is willing to use vi…more
- Natural causes: an epidemic of wellness, the certainty of dying, and killing ourselves to live longerGet This Now!
Barbara Ehrenreich explores how we are killing ourselves to live longer, not better. She describes how we over-prepare and worry way too much about what is inevitable. One by …more
- 12 rules for life: an antidote to chaosGet This Now!
"What does everyone in the modern world need to know? Renowned psychologist Jordan B. Peterson's answer to this most difficult of questions uniquely combines the hard-won trut…more