General interest materials on the First Floor.
- Anxious for nothing: finding calm in a chaotic worldGet This Now!
"In the characteristic tone of his previous books like You'll Get Through This and Fearless, Max guides readers through this Scripture passage and explains the key concepts of…more
- Funny man: Mel BrooksGet This Now!
Oscar, Emmy, Tony, and Grammy award-winner Mel Brooks was behind (and sometimes in front the camera too) of some of the most influential comedy hits of our time, including The…more
- CannonballGet This Now!
"Kelsey Wroten's Cannonball fires the reader straight into the messy life of Caroline Bertram: aspiring writer, queer, art school graduate, near alcoholic, and self proclaimed…more
- Best.movie.year.ever.: how 1999 blew up the big screenGet This Now!
"From a veteran culture writer and modern movie expert, a celebration and analysis of the movies of 1999--arguably the most groundbreaking year in American cinematic history"-…more
- The professor & the parson: a story of desire, deceit and defrockingGet This Now!
- Where the light enters: building a family, discovering myselfGet This Now!
"An intimate look at the love that built the Biden family and the delicate balancing act of the woman at its center. 'How did you get this number?' Those were the first words …more
- Bitter rootGet This Now!
In the 1920s, the Harlem Renaissance is in full swing, and only the Sangerye Family, once known as the greatest monster hunters of all time, can save New York -- and the world…more
- K: a history of baseball in ten pitchesGet This Now!
"From the New York Times baseball columnist, a ... history of the national pastime as told through the craft of pitching, based on years of archival research and interviews wi…more
- How to be a patient: the essential guide to navigating the world of modern medicineGet This Now!
"From registered nurse and public health advocate Sana Goldberg, a timely, accessible, and comprehensive handbook to navigating common medical situations. From the routine to …more
- Begin the begin: R.E.M.'s early yearsGet This Now!
Begin the Begin is the first biography of R.E.M. wholly researched and written since they disbanded in 2011. It offers by far the most detailed account of the group's formativ…more
- Star wars: Doctor AphraGet This Now!
"Following her time in the clutches of Darth Vader, Doctor Aphra has barely escaped with her life. If the Dark Lord of the Sith ever learns of her survival, he'll hunt her to …more
- Chesapeake requiem: a year with the watermen of vanishing Tangier IslandGet This Now!
Tangier Island, Virginia, is a community unique on the American landscape. Mapped by John Smith in 1608, settled during the American Revolution, the tiny sliver of mud is home…more