General interest materials on the First Floor.
- Ramble and roar: a 1920's novelGet This Now!
"New York City, 1925. A place abounding with every good and glittering thing, or so Eliza Belcourt believes ... Leaving behind a broken heart and her parents' selfish expectat…more
- iii zg020 tyrell testGet This Now!
- iii zg020 rachael testGet This Now!
- The Bullet Journal method: track the past, order the present, design the futureGet This Now!
For years, Ryder Carroll tried countless organizing systems, online and off, but none of them fit the way his mind worked. Out of sheer necessity, he developed a method called…more
- A spark of light: a novelGet This Now!
The warm fall day starts like any other at the Center -- a women's reproductive health services clinic -- its staff offering care to anyone who passes through its doors. Then,…more
- Make time: how to focus on what matters every dayGet This Now!
Do you ever wonder where your day went? Or daydream about activities you'll get to "someday"? Knapp and Zeratsky share their tactics for a four-step daily framework that you c…more
- The fifth riskGet This Now!
"The election happened," remembers Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, then deputy secretary of the Department of Energy. "And then there was radio silence." Across all departments, s…more
- Suicidal: why we kill ourselvesGet This Now!
In Suicidal, Bering takes us through the science and psychology of suicide, revealing its cognitive secrets and the subtle tricks our minds play on us when we're easy emotiona…more
- Reasons to stay aliveGet This Now!
"Matt Haig's accessible and life-affirming memoir of his struggle with depression, and how his triumph over the illness taught him to live"--
- Out law: what LGBT youth should know about their legal rightsGet This Now!
The enormous advances of the civil rights movement have made it easier for LGBT youth to be "out," yet their increased visibility has led to myriad legal issues involving such…more
- Lost connections: uncovering the real causes of depression-- and the unexpected solutionsGet This Now!
"Across the world, Hari found social scientists who were uncovering evidence that depression and anxiety are not caused by a chemical imbalance in our brains. In fact, they [b…more
- The reincarnated giant: an anthology of twenty-first-century Chinese science fictionGet This Now!